Sinister: Ermine Furs Adorne Imperious

Pauline L. Shivers paulinel_s at xxx.com
Tue Apr 10 13:32:19 BST 2001

Shiny, Shiny, Shiny boots of leather
Whiplash girlchild in the dark
Comes in bells, your servant, don't forsake him
Strike, dear mistress, and cure his heart...

Hello sinister land,

I've started my mail this time with such a sinister
way wouldn't you say? I guess all of you know where
this comes from, but do any of you know who Severin
was, besides Siouxsie's boyfriend! Oh now, don't give
away your goth past. Poor Siouxsie, what could she do?
what could any girl do after a Syd? I have to say
that, Syd was the aristocrat of punk! he messed up
with an american girl and he was f***ed!
Severin and Wanda, lovers and enemies in Leopold von
Sacher-Masoch's "Venus in Furs"; roles keep changing,
who's the master who's the slave? No my dearest
bunnies, I'm not into s&m, I don't like this kind of
stuff! in my humble (remind me to erase that word from
my vocabulary next time) opinion, pure, true, eternal
love is the most extreme thing in the world!
Severin and Wanda! Poor Sacher-Masoch! he died
misunderstood! he wrote great novels, you know; not
pornographic ones! I love him dearly because he is the
only author I can think about who could romanticise
pervesion! His name will stay in history as the one
who invented masochism! how pathetic! Like Marquis de
Sade will remain in history as the inventor of sadism!
I can't really connect the two! there's a photograph I
love, Andre Breton lying down on De Sade's grave!
Severin and Wanda! why all this rambling you might
ask!
Why indeed? I don't know myself!I was just listening
to the Velvets making these thoughts; the Velvets!
such a great band! but Warhol, what a tosser! Picasso
was a tosser too, or like Jonathan Richman would say
"an arsehole"; he'd say an asshole really but I think
arse is a much better word! I think he had (Picasso)
this greediness ugly poor people have when they get a
little money in their hands! Oh where are the novel
souls?
Anyway enough with this, let's get into saucy stuff!
So, I was listening to the Velvets when Aunt Myrtles
walked into my room! I was just lying there on my back
wearing a white silk slipper making stories in my head
about Severin and Wanda. She looked at me "Pauline, do
I have to remind you that we're having guests for
dinner tonight and you're still in your underwear? and
what's this horrible music?" I looked at her, thinking
of my poor dad, spitting the words through my teeth
"bloody ugly turtle!" she stared at me and asked me
what had I said "I'll be ready in 15 minutes, aunt
dearest". We were having a dinner party, another one!
Fortunately, Lati and Violette would be there too!
Althea and Daniel as well!
My darling Violette's a bit low after this whole story
with Gilbert in Switzerland! remember? I told you
there was something about him; a certain depravity...
well, guess what happened! he was in s&m and Violette
of course being the most demure girl ever freaked out
when he started telling her about whips and mistresses
and things like that!
But anyway, there I was in my bedroom standing in
front of my wardrobe thinking of what to wear! Someone
knocked on my door; it was Lati and Violette; they
told me that John Francis Kendall the slimy stalker
from Philadelphia was going to be at our dinner party!
I raised my eyes to the sky - ceiling actually - and
wondered out loud "why God? what have I done to
deserve this?" Lati and Violette bursted out in
laughter and I looked at them all angry but then I
started laughing myself... "we can have some fun
tonight after all", I said! Violette blushed, Lati
raised her eyebrow! She loves all these mad things I
make them do! she seems reluctant at first but then
she follows! Where as with Violette, well, we need to
try hard into talking her into anything!
So, I took my slipper off and thought no underwear! I
chose a midi black dress with a huge V-neck and put my
silver sandals on! Lati and Violette looked at each
other!
We went down the stairs and the gentlemen stood up of
course and helped us sit down! I felt John's lupiform
hands on my waist! I thanked him by nodding! he
smiled! I looked at him! Aunt Myrtles looked so happy
sitting on the top of the table! she stretched her
writhled neck and looked at John and then me! I knew
what she was up to! she wanted me to marry the
american werewolf! I thought "Oh Severin, Severin, I
wish you were here"! Oh Severin, where are you?
John leaned over and asked me with his horrible accent
"did you say something, darling?" Darling? Darling? I
looked at him with fiery eyes "don't ever call me that
again! have you been to a doctor lately? you look
weird! something's happening to you? can it be
colluvies?" He looked at me and giggled! he had
lettuce on his teeth! I don't think he knew what
colluvies was!
To cut a long story short, the dinner was over! men
went to the other room to smoke and drink brandy and
we stayed at the living room! Violette was playing the
piano and I was so bloody bored! there was this DJ-set
by some friends of ours in the city and I wanted to
go! I told Lati, she nodded! we went over and stood by
the piano and persuaded Violette to follow us; we told
aunt Myrtles we were going for a walk in the garden;
Theodor came with us!
So, we jumped in the car and drove to the city! it was
great! lots of people, music, no americans around! we
were a bit over-dressed but hell who cares!
We ordered some drinks and stood there in the middle
of the club! I was dancing and dancing; then I felt
someone behind me... pressing against me. I didn't
turn! No, my little indie bunnies, I didn't turn! I
just loved the sensation; his body against mine! I
whispered "Severin?" and he whispered in my ear "don't
turn your head; don't look; stay still"! I promise
you! that's exactly what happened! and I stood still,
well as still I could stay really; it was a bit
difficult for obvious reasons! All I could do was
listen to his breathing, feeling his hands over me! it
was really so overwhelming! Then I saw Lati and
Violette looking at me with that expression on their
faces!that of utter horror! I smiled! I turned my head
and saw him! I knew this guy! I'd seen him before but
never talked with him! He knew who I was! He was
playing music and he was DJing at this party too! He
was studying art at the same school with my friend
Constance for a while! and I heard so many stories
about him! I looked at him and asked him how he dared;
and you know what the arrogant bastard said "I thought
you'd want me to show you a thing or two... from a
working class perspective!"!!
Yes my lovely daisies!! that's exactly what he said!!
I dashed towards Violette and Lati and told them we
had to go! I can't possibly tell you how angry I was!
So we went back to the house! we all went in Theodor's
bedroom, that's where we usually have our meetings and
told them what that arrogant bastard told me! and
moreover what he did!! They started laughing! Lati
said "Oh Pauline, can't you see? you're falling in
love!"
Falling in love? I have never been in love before! not
really that is! and then I smiled! I thought "Severin!
Morganatic! Aunt Myrtles!"
And to be honest with you my dearest sinister, yes,
I'm going to get this guy! one way or another, I'm
gonna get him! like a famous not-real-blonde would
say!
For the time being though, I have to deal with aunt
Myrtles and her desire to see me married to John the
slimy! oh dear! what am I going to do?
That same night that all these things occured, I went
to bed thinking of "Severin" and the "working class
perspective"; as I was drifting off I heard the door
opening; next thing you know, I felt some sweaty hands
all over me! I turned the lamb by my bed on and I saw
this filthy creature trying to get under my covers! I
started screaming and cursing and Theodor dashed in my
bedroom! and the filthy bastard (John) had the cheek
to tell me that it had to happen one day anyway I'd
end up in his bed as I couldn't possible go against
aunt Myrtles' wishes! Theodor, being calm, asked him
to leave the room at once and never dare to try
something like that again! and then calmed me down as
I was shivering in disgust saying that his mum
(Myrtles) would kick the american out once we told her
what had happened! well, I hope that will be the end
of John Francis Kendall! He has all this money, yes,
but aunt Myrtles is a european aristocrat after all!
She'd rather have her dignity and name intact than all
this money! I hope so at least!
That night I dreamt of Severin and dancing with Syd
Vicious in the rain and then Syd left and Severin and
I went back to our castle when he exhibit the "working
class perspective" under Aunt Myrtles' ancestors
portraits! Can that be an omen? I wonder

   Pauline L. Shivers

that makes sinister all quivers
she's that aristocratic slag
who lives and reigns in Prague