Sinister: Funny ha-ha or funny strange?

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue Apr 10 14:42:12 BST 2001

Mes petite-amis,

I emerge from my weeks long, self-imposed period of mourning for my beloved Maryland Terrapins, who's season was mercilessly cut short by a washed-up team of Duke Blue Devils who seemed entirely too chummy with the officiating staff.  It was horrible.  Young men cried.  Women screamed and fainted.  Expensive vases were thrown.  Much liquor was drank.  Curses were leveled at a particular power forward with unsightly ridges in his scalp.  A part of me died.  Ahhh...
I fear this past basketball season has gotten the best of a fellow listee, one Todd Matthew Herrmann, who has not been seen nor heard from in several months.  I believe his ex-compatriots at the University of Maryland's aerospace engineering department have made plans to shoot his confettied remains into space, along with several chimpanzees and Steve Gutenberg.  All in the name of science.
Indian food.  Yum.  Hot.  I had "chicken breast covered in a very spicy curry sauce" on a date this weekend.  It turned out to be freakin' nuclear.  After three heapin' mouthfuls I almost puked on my date.  Not good.  Then I started sweating really bad, but I played it off alright.  I think she knew, and I probably lost all semblance of manlines right there by being brought to my knees in the middle of a fancy restaurant.  Oh well.  I got her pretty drunk later and we listened to Miles Davis on the ride home.
So what in the hell is going on with Belle and/or Sebastian?  I thought 2001 was supposed to be chock full of concerts.  Well folks, its 1/3 over and we don't even have DATES yet!  Perhaps Struan has secretly died and been replaced with Kevin Costner, who probably can't remember all the lyrics to "The Model," so they can't tour.  When they do come around, yell out "Waterworld!  Waterworld!" and if "Struan" becomes enraged and smashes his guitar in a fit of anger and storms off...well, then its probably the real Stuart Murdoch and we have nothing to fear.
"I like my Johnny Walker Red and my women blonde" - Joe Namath

Steve C.

PS- My new, quasi-Harrison-esque picture should be on the pics page sometime soon.  For the record, I no longer look like Buddy Holly.