Sinister: Arabstraps

Jeff Burke shiplore at xxx.com
Wed Apr 11 15:53:04 BST 2001

Hello sinister.

list mum i hope you get everything sorted.

Okay I know that short posts are the bane of the list so i'll ramble on but
I do have one simple question to ask.

Since someone out there just found out what an arabstrap is. it just seemed
that much more appropiate.

How's Arab Strap the band live? they're in town tonight and i'm thinking of
going down to see them? do they put on a good show? It's fairly rare that
they're here so I feel I should but something tells be the boys might not
put on a superific show? tho' i have read that they're sobered up... which
is shocking and a bit disturbing...

For somereason I always but all the scottish bands together as a family.....

the Vaselines/Eugene Kelly is like the cool older uncle...

B&S are the middle children, quiet sensitive needing some attention but not
trying to getit...

Arabstrap are the older brothers who would rough up anyone that gave B&S
some trouble...

Mogwai are the youngest kids all loud and brassy...and obviously the most
fun to go drinking with...

I could go on.. but as R.E.M. once state "the allegories are strained"

but i would welcome additions to the Scottish indie family not just bands
you've gotta come up with the familial relation too!

To the Lovely Laura LLew (whom i once assumed was welsh)
have you read A History of the World in 10 1/2 chapters yet?
well? get on it... I know i owe you a comprehensive email as well, maybe
I'll make a driving tape too...it's a good thing you warned me about
godspeed you black emperor! tho'.. that blasts from my speakers when I drive
up the coast to maine.

TO Listdom lisa: I hope the day finds you well Ma'am.

to Brier? where is my fellow massachusetts native? did you annouce you were
leaving and i missed it?

alright then... I guess this wasn't such a lacking post afterall..
considering I only chime in once in a while....

so please inform me as to wether I should spend my hard earned money on Arab
strap tonight...

anchor's aweigh
jb