Sinister: All Tomorrow's Fish Ladders

toescantalk at xxx.com toescantalk at xxx.com
Wed Apr 11 19:59:45 BST 2001

I was on the train the other day when I met Andy Crane. Apparently he and Edd the Duck have gone their seperate ways. Andy is now working in radio, again proving the Bruno Brookes / Cabbage Thereom (sorry Cabbage) that any tosser can play a few records. Edd though is currently the European Parliamentary Minister for South East Kent. He's currently working on his own bill for platting land near Folkestone. While Andy plays the new Hear'Say single on hospital radio and mutters about giving one to Myleene off the air while fiddling with some surgeon's gloves he found. I don't know...

Anyway did someone mention All Tomorrows Parties? Well they had a Dance Dance Revolution machine and a pub that stayed open till 5 there so it couldn't really go wrong could it? No. indeed. And some of the bands actually played some nice songs. OK I'm exaggerating now obviously. But Sunday's headliners Massive Spud Death did capture my imagination rather, and really gave my favourite band of the festival Rabbit Mayhem a good run for their money with their frivilous noise. I could go on about the bands for ages, but I think everyone would have to say that Spang, Plums on Drums and Serious Mischief were pretty poor. Mountains of Quim were also dissapointing as I'd seem the Quim playing much better than that. It's always worthwhile seeing at least a bit of the Quim. Even more dissapointingly Constant Spray cancelled in the exact last minute to play with the Cranberries apparently, which was a little odd. As were their 3 seconds replacement Big Armchair Atrocity. I'd never seen a !
man do that with a badger with his hands tied behind his back before. Still it it did sound better than the David Bailey, or whoever he was still tuning up after an hour on stage. To add to the confusion, apparently there was a dead badger on the beach that the indie kids were going to barbeque in some kind of pagan gesture. Who said the spirit of Bowlie was dead? Obviously I made the bit about the badger, the pub and the DDR up. But it was fun. I learnt how to say "Nice arse" in Norwegian. What more does anyone need to know... Me? I need to know more about wheelbarrows. Sometimes one wheel and a a pair of handles is all you need. I think we can all learn something from that...

Te ra,

Martin