Sinister: two in one day.. martin amis made me do it...

Jeff Burke shiplore at xxx.com
Wed Apr 11 21:25:36 BST 2001

Yes!  and the redsox have same type metaphorical representation tho' i'd say
that the cubs represent futility and the red sox either false hope or
absurdity...

I had a great discussion about the redsox and arsenal with Nick hornby after
he did a reading... ....

And i must urge everyone on the list to read everylittle word Mr. Amis has
penned. He's brilliant... and funny. and that's not an oft-seen together
combination...

and the LLL, as a wordsmith I must recommend Marty's dad's The King's
English.  Kingsley takes apart the english language... and shudders at every
mis-use :)
pretty fun read as he states which expressions and word usages should be
banned from the language...

and thanks to everyone who wrote to encourage me to go see Arab Strap
tonight. I will and if it's memorable i'll write up a bit of a
evening...review

I had some strangely seasoned tofu that's left a awkward taste in my mouth..

jb