the summer comes undone Re: Sinister: looper on TV

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Thu Apr 12 05:35:08 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <paul.rudolph.b at xxx.com>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 7:43 PM
Subject: Sinister: looper on TV

> it springtime here, time to get my ultimate spring/summer
> cd back in the rotation - TBWTAS.

true, but it seems to me it's a rather fraught, anxious, lonely summer.  it certainly sounds like it for
the most part.  i had other music, but i kept playing my md of that album on my 26 hr. manhattan odyssey
last june.  stalking elvis costello, encountering heartbreak, heat and a hangover that churned my guts
and spit them out.  "the rollercoaster ride" is fixed right outside grand central near dusk, the concrete
radiating the day's heat back at me, "simple things" is walking through empty queens streets trying to
find my way back to laguardia.  i guess i accidentally *made* it a summer album, and it fits the way i
usually feel during and about summers.  "is it depressing me or is it keeping me company in depression?"
:)

oh, and since i seemed to have missed it completely, what *is* an arab strap?  i read an interview with
members of arab strap and they just talked about misconceptions.   wily scots!

jay

"there is no gold in akaba!"