Sinister: Observations.12/Live without deadtime

M. Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Mon Apr 16 00:44:10 BST 2001

Hello friends,

It's been quiet lately; too quiet. I hope that everyone is doing okay. I
just wanted to tell you all about the best show in the world- the show I
went to on Thursday night. And that show was an (International) Noise
Conspiracy show. It all started when we hit the road for Philadelphia but
got lost and ended up near Trenton. We thought for sure we'd be late. But we
weren't. I had carefully typed a letter the previous night to Dennis Lyxzen,
their singer which thanked him for being such an interesting guy and for
making such great music. During the cartrip I wrote a list of interview
questions for the website but I doubted I would even get the chance to talk
to him.

The Explosion was the opening band. I was knocked off my feet by a big
hardkid and he didn't say sorry. I was a little angry but I didn't want to
push him back because he was hard and he was swinging his arms around. I was
standing up and straightening my wee backpack when much to my surprise I saw
Dennis himself at the back of the crowd, reading a book.

I felt a bit like a twelveyear old girl as I was walking over to him to hand
him my clumsily typed letter. The thing was I felt an odd sort of drive.
This man and his group had created some of the most thought provoking music
I'd ever heard, and I'd spent hours looking up every little obscure
political reference from Guy DeBord to Durruti in an attempt to understand
what these guys were about. And I liked what they were about, it was serious
stuff. And I'm a serious guy. So I gave him the letter, thinking he'd say
"Oh, thanks" and toss it into the rubbish bin but he said to meet him back
there after the show. In a cute Swedish accent, no less.

I couldn't believe it. I wormed my way back to the front of the crowd for
the T(I)NC set and prepared my disposable camera. I took a picture, and the
most intrusive flash came out. I was very angry at myself and hoped that the
band wasn't too distracted. I waited for the flash light to go off and when
it finally did I figured I was in the clear. Wrong! What a nuisance I was!
They put on the most passionate show I had ever seen in my life and I was
right up against the stage screaming along with the lyrics.

After their set I went back into twelveyearold girl mode to talk to Dennis.
I got a picture with Sara and Ludwig (yay) and had Dennis autograph my LP.
They were all so political and cute. Although since I'm sure that they would
not like to be referred as cute please don't tell anyone I said that. Also I
don't want you to think that I am just a fan of some "cute little band." I
am into them because of their politics. So anyways we talked for a bit and
he said sorry he didn't have time for an interview but he gave me his e-mail
address.

I had a bit of film to go so on my way out I took lots of pictures of the
street and accidentally some hardkids. I think they thought I was taking
pictures of their girlfriends and gave me very hard looks. Also I think that
Dennis thought I was taking his picture from a distance because I could feel
a hard look coming from his general direction, whereupon I hastened my pace
and started to feel like an arsebandit (whoever used that word in one of
their posts, here is a cyber high-5!). I'd made a nuisance of myself but
never before had I felt so alive.

What a swell night.

If any of you get the chance to check out Noise Conspiracy by all means do
and if anyone is curious what they are all about please e-mail and I will
tell you what I understand about their politics.

Lots of love,

Timothy. (xTimothyx for you lads and lasses in #sinister)

p.s. Does anyone go to Kutztown?

p.p.s. Sorry to L.L. I will e-mail you soon! I'm waiting for something
profound to say.