Sinister: the peabrained manifesto

Rachel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Wed Apr 18 01:31:15 BST 2001

LOST A WEEKEND, FOUND A SIXPACK
i am genuinely not sure if i've slept at all this easter.  oh my it was a
good weekend, even if watching huge amounts of crap on tv and video at
strange times of the day and night was a big part of it.  atp?  pah, direct
experience is *so* last week, dahling.  bbc learning zone has
become a true friend in the wee small drunken hours, and i now know how to
discuss exams in spanish and how to carry off a mullet in italian.  i do
feel very odd now - cold cooked mushrooms were a positive breakfast delight
yesterday, although it could have just as easily been lunch or dinner as far
as i knew.  staying up all night, just cos i can, has become a statement -
working with teenagers as i am doing at the minute puts a big strain on the
responsible adult muscles.  speaking of which, welcome to list motherhood,
linda :)  we'll try to be good children for you...

PEACOCKS AND RHINESTONES
i read the peacock manifesto on sunday, and must say i was slightly
disappointed with the sketchy characterisation, though obviously impressed
by the truly prodigious swearing.  who'd have thought 'fuck' would still
have meaning after the 150th repeat?  someone who would have been wrong...
oh well, i'm sure it will be a more interesting experience 'live' tomorrow.
glen campbell obviously has significance for b&s musicians both past and
present.  i've got a soft spot for rhinestone cowboy myself as it formed
part of my parents' eccentric collection of  7" singles when i was growing
up.  i suspect it went the way of other gems such as 'i am woman' and 'the
birdy song' when my parents split up though - ie. nobody knows where it is
and nobody can be bothered to start a messy custody battle by asking.

ELECTRELANE
yay!  that's my bestest pre-school buddy's band, that is.  she plays the
drums.
as she started practising the moody frown and the hooliganism aged 3, i
guess it was inevitable she'd end up in a rock band.  we once covered the
entire bathroom floor with cold cream in order to simulate an ice rink.  it
worked a treat.  what i wouldn't give to have those powers of invention
today.

BUZZWORDSMITHS
as miller said, buzzwords is very much open for business and particularly
receptive to sinister stories and poems, as ally cook, the narrow wizard,
the boy greg, the other greg, jan imgrund and pete ramsdale (amongst others)
will testify.  thanks guys, you're all great.  more please!

now i've got to wake up properly and write to the inland revenue, which
isn't half as nice as writing to sinister.

round eye blues,

archel xxx

ps: ok, i give up.  will someone please tell me what DDR is before my
cultural inadequacy complex goes any further.  how have i missed this?

pps: i hope jenowl and ian enjoyed meeting mr archel at the weekend and that
he didn't tell you too many of his lengthy stories :)

Rachel Playforth
'She may not be famous, but she's right' - Homer Simpson

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com