Sinister: ~The opposite of Mobile Phone.

Jonathan Howell ojh9 at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 18 01:20:17 BST 2001

So many things and where to start???

Gordon: Brought up the issue of folded hands...  "...whilst us
*sophisticates* clench our fists in a grown-up manner? ".  I thought that
the hands were not folded in on themselvs, but folded into your other
hand... either infront of or behind the body.  Behind probably works better.
Perhaps there they can happily bounce against your arse in an aristocratic
manner...  hmm maybe not... that doesn't sound aristocratic at all to me...
oh I don't know.

Gneiss: mentioned disused tube stations and getting ficticiously stuck at
them.  I had a dream about this once, Whne I emerged from it (the station
not the dream) I was trapped in war torn Sarajevo... obviously I'm a little
insecure about London... though I do love the buzz it has.

Right then. I don't know if any other sinisterians were at the
Rocket/Cockpit in Leeds tonight for the Clearlake gig.. I did keep an eye
out for anyone looking remotely...  There was a girl wearing a rather
fetching jumper-coat thing, I liked it, but I don't think that necessarily
made her a list member.  I've met quit a few non-list members with good
fashion taste.  Anyway, despite the dodgy sound quailty (the shape of the
room doesn't help) they played a fantastic set.  I really liked that the
band sang along (to themselves not the mics) it showed they were enjoying
themselves.

Grrr... The York picnic would be in term time, when I'll be back in
Aberystwyth, and no-where near York... indeed there will be exams and I will
be merrily stressing (merriment available only while stocks last).  I shall
have my very own Aberystwyth sinister picnic to comemorate the event, this
will probably just be me, although anyone else who'd like to come is very
welcome to drop me an email.  If I don't hear from anyone then I might
restrict the picnic to a bag of crisps while my friends are about as I'm not
a big fan of eating on my own.  Does a bag of crisps count as a picnic?
Salt and vinegar I think... yes.

Hmmm... I spotted that channel four were looking for their fave TV music
monets the other day... they had some number we're supposed to ring and
vote.  I'd very much like to vote for Belle and Sebastian at the brits...
sdo I'll look out for the number.  Heh, maybe we should rig the vote...

As for my subject line for today...  This is something to try only when you
are very bored, very bored indeed... that is how this game was born.  What
you do is to think of an everyday item, and work out what the opposite of it
is, and then justify your choice.  It works even better with two people...

1: What's the opposite of post boxes?
2: A glass of Lemonade.
1: Why?
2: Well, A glass is singular, post boxes are plural. Lemonade is fizzy and
liquid, you put it in glasses and drink it, and you can mix it with vodka,
or ribena.  You don't put letters in lemonade unless you want them very
soggy.  It's not red, and you don't see it standing on street corners.  It
doesn't have delivery times printed on it.  So A glass of lemonade is
obviously the oppsoite of post boxes.

My sister and I played this in the car on a LONG journey.  We were told off
as it might confuse our little brother (11 bless him) who apparently has
some opposites section in his SATs or something...  still could be good to
give the markers a laugh.

Right then... that's quite enough of that for now.

Love and such.

Jonny.