Sinister: "We're in the city, city..."

Lisa & Lee leesa at xxx.com
Wed Apr 18 04:46:24 BST 2001

Maybe it's the time of year (rebirth, lovely days, blah blah) or maybe it's
just me being all nostalgic like, but I am constantly entertained by this
list due to all of the mentionings of that most wonderful of cities...(wait
for it) LONDON!

I have been missing London something fierce (snap! snap! head waggle a la
rupaul) lately, and this list with its LLovelly LLondonians makes that
llonging all the more poignant and sweet... (nods to the ever LLuscious
LLaura LLew, who btw, understands the inherent greatness of Virginia W. and
will tell you about it if you ask really nicely)..

 I am  --
(to namecheck a few):

*w/ Ruvi and the Wispa of delight , eaten no doubt to the strains of a
spinning Julie Andrews, while on some coloured line in that tangled web (we
weave) in the underground

*in tune with Mike W. , who delights in the dulcet tones of the Circle Line
announcer girl

*clearly the soulmate of Johnathan Howell, who brings us the amazingly
offkilter and therefore sumptuous repast of an "opposites" game and a vision
of red postboxes filled to the brim with lemonade...

*thinking of Gordon, who worked out, fairly succinctly I might add, the
larger and smaller postmodern issues and tangents related to "fold yer
hands..." while on the speeding efficiency of the modern tube train...

So, yes, ahem...right. I am a English person trapped in a Texan's body I
sometimes think...(*just* an Anglophile? Surely it's much deeper than that!)

I would love to read more current English authors (preferably ones who write
extensively about London, ala Nick Horby and such) and am looking for some
recommendations...something  fun, thoughtful etc. to read whilst listening
to Belle and Sebastian even (Oooh, that couldn't be content rearing it's
head could it?)
If you've read this far (congrats! Is my undying love the grand prize or
merely the emotional equivalent of Turtle Wax?), and have some suggestions
for London-oriented reading material , please email me off list and I shall
be ...

Ever in your debt,
Lisa from Texas  p.s. anybody like St. Etienne? They, along with our dear
old twattybus, seem perfect for Spring.