Sinister: in every dream home a heartache

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Wed Apr 18 11:07:14 BST 2001

Long time no posting. Sorry for all the people who derive some satisfaction
from my posts, and .... err .... sorry for all the people who hate my posts.
(For opposite reasons, obviously)

***OH MY GOD*** (part one)
***NEW BELLE & SEBASTIAN SONG***
(Fact)
***OH MY GOD***
Hmmm. I was scanning through Napster today ... not something I do regularly,
but whenever I do, I always check for B&S stuff. (I also do this at record
stores. I mean, I *know* there won't be a new album I haven't heard of or
anything, but I always check just in case). Anyway, what should I find but a
new studio track called (I think) "Jeremy in Chicago" (sorry, I could have
the first name wrong ... it file is at work, and I've been out and I'm tired
....) So, yeah, anyone heard of this song? It's really short ... about 2 and
a half minutes, is *really* poppy and is sung by Stuart Murdoch. It's a bit
of a story-song, which made me thing it could possibly be part of the film
soundtrack or something. It's very very good, although I feel a certain
shame in owning it. I mean, I had the opportunity to get tracks from
"Peasant ..." before it came out, and held back ..... but this was just too
exciting. Any info greatly appreciated.

***NEW B&S STUFF***
(Hearsay)
So if Matador have info about the new single on their site, how come
Jeepster hasn't sent out one of their
once-regular-now-sporadic-to-say-the-least newsletters. I hate being out of
the loop. I seem to remember someone saying "take your carrige clock" was an
instrumental? True? False?

... and more B&S stuff ...

Anyone know if the B&S soundtrack album will be split with the other guy? Of
just B&S. Hopefully just B&S. Air's "The Virgin Suicides" album was
brilliant .... and R.E.M. "and friends" soundtrack was a bit of a crock.
More like the former, less like the latter, please.

***OH MY GOD*** (part two)
I saw Johnny Marr play "There is a light that never goes out" a few weeks
ago, with Neil Finn on vocals. I almost cried. It was so beautiful. One of
those completely transcendant moments ...... All is forgiven Johnny, even
that blues shite with The Healers.

Other stuff.
Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Vanessa (my ... err ... "woman") went away
for three nights and stayed at a nice hotel, and arsed about, ate good food,
went to an AMAZING "geothermal wonderland" in the middle of nowhere, and
bought an Orange Juice 12" and a Roxy Music album. ("For Your Pleasure" ...
genius) Just went and saw "The Fountainhead" .... great film. Other
noteables are "Momento" and "Best In Show". Anyone know if Parker Posy is a
B&S fan .... something makes me think she might be.

Right, it's late and all .......

take care.

Lawrence.

PS - anyone who can tell me anything about that song I found ...... please
let me know.