Sinister: I missed the perfect opportunity...

Hewitt, Stephen shewitt at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:12:20 BST 2001

You see the thing is, after Peacock has done his little rant, oh hold on a
minute.

PEACOCK JOHNSON STUFF, LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW (there is
some picnic stuff at the bottom, if you want to scan down).

So after he's done his little rant about not getting a credit for writing
the book with Stuart, he asked for questions from the (frankly rather small,
20 tops) audience, which would've been the perfect opportunity to say:

So you've been working with Stuart David a lot on this book, did you happen
to notice if he SMELLS OF WEE or not??

then we would've known for sure, oh well, maybe someone else could ask.  Oh
and maybe asking to see the Peacock tattoo on his arm, cos i'm not sure if
he's got one or not.

I also failed to take any pics cos i'm rubbish, although peacock failed to
join us in the pub (getting pished was the only thing i did succeed in doing
last nite), which makes him a big GURL.

The event was erm well rather like a dress rehearsal, i suppose is the best
way to put it.  I would've put more bits from the book in, rather than just
random bits about peacock being pissed off (peacock claims that StuD has
ripped off his life story and fictionalised him, without giving him any
credit (or more importantly, money)), and there was lots of whispering
between the three characters (Peacock's wife Bev (looking beautiful in a
pink wig) and Evil Bob being the other two), in that kind of "what are we
going to talk about next" way.  I think that the concept is a really strong
one (the characters come across well, possibly better than in the book) and
it could work well but it needs a bit more structure and direction, it's a
bit flabby at the moment, but hey, what do i know, i've only got a degree in
performance arts.  There are some really nice bits, like he has stickers
with "and Peacock Johnson" on, to stick on the front of all the books, and
they do some beatboxing over rhinestone cowboy, which is pretty funny.

Anyway, quite a good half an hour, i'm sure it'll change over the week, I'd
be interested to hear what happens (I'm having all these sad little wannabe
director thoughts about what i could do with it now, oh dear).

END OF PEACOCK STUFF, ON TO PICNICS

Now you london-types can keep me RIGHT OUT of this, or we'll be going to the
picnic arbitration board (ie tossing a coin), so play nice and decide
between yourselves, unless we hire a boat and have the whole thing on the
Thames (which does have a certain appeal).

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

dinosaur, not frog, clearly.