Sinister: Mother Dimbleby Explodes With Joy!

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Apr 18 16:17:05 BST 2001

I don't care where you have your flipping London picnic as long as there's
loads of ANAL PAIN.

Jonathan and David is quite an unusual title for a song, I mean, it's hardly
Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue, is it? What's it about? Does Stevie sing the
recorded version? Is it about shirtlifters? Do I like it? Is it another
Northern Soul stomper like Legal Man? Is the David in the title David
Coulthard? Is the Jonathan Jonathan King? Is it a cheap attempt to get on
Entertainment USA? Is Jeremy in Chicago about Jeremy....hang on a minute,
they don't have Jeremys in Chicago! Pull the other one! They have Jerrys.

Anyway, I'm delighted that Napster are continuing to support B&S.

Not so delighted that I don't qualify to play bass in Rupert's group, but
still. You can't have everything.

Thank you Carsmile for the Peacock report. Keep them coming in, everybody.
Sketchy characterisation is the new rock'n'roll, Rachel. What do you think
this is, Victorian Britain? I really like Peacock Johnson, even though I
haven't read it. This is quite a step up, I didn't like Nalda Said at all,
and I hadn't read that either. Apparently a lot of people's second books are
a bit rubbish, so they don't get published. Unless...

I heard Girls' Talk by Dave Edmunds on the radio the other day and it was
GRATE, I think it may have thrown some light on the recent why is Elvis
Costello crap now debate we had a few weeks ago. It would probably take a
great leap of the imagination for anyone over, let's say, 28 to write a song
like that and give it any conviction. Unless EC was already in his 30s then
or something. OK, so this theory needs a bit of work. What I mean to say is
that if I just wanted to hear girls' talk I would have to have myself
arrested. Yet I could still relate to it.

The list has really gone downhill since the shadowy "Linda" took over. It
has quickly degenerated into a ferocious slanging match about the London
picnic, and people are already advertising illegal Napsters of the band.
Come back Honey! I mean, Honey Come Back! Each lonely day's a little bit
longer. And thanks, if it wasn't for you, I'd never have met Jordi. That
chocolate you gave me was handpicked by child slaves, you know.

Jordi manned the wheels of steel at a B&S disco in Gijón on Saturday. I
wonder what it was like?

Peter