Sinister: I will not be silenced (or something .....)

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Thu Apr 19 09:29:56 BST 2001

TWO POSTS IN LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS!
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT MIKKELSEN BOY ON?

What indeed.
I wonder why dear sweet Laura Llew still insists on referring to me as
Lawrence "The Milkman" Mikkelsen. You've got to ask yourself.

No further down the road re: "Jeremy In Chicago". Someone said something
about The Ailser Set, but the song doesn't sound *anything* like them, plus
it's a male vocalist etc. I am very confused ..... even if it isn't a B&S
song, it's still fantastic.
(and I appologise if the issue has been resolved ... I get the digest, and
hence always read posts a day or so late)

Other stuff ....

PEACOCK JOHNSTON
Great book .... halfway through ... it's really funny and a great story.
Although I don't think it's as well written as "Nalda Said". "Nalda ...." is
a work of genuis ... the actual prose is brilliant ... really simple yet
evocative. I guess Peacock is good in that it is written in character really
well, I just find the lack of any imagery and the bare bones descriptions a
little sparse.

But again, I say, great book. Hope it gets turned into a film.

FOLD YOUR HANDS CHILD, YOU WALK LIKE A PEASANT
It occurs to me that it's been out almost a year. (The Jeepster B&S site
still talks about the "new" album - ha!) I was wondering what people think
of it, now that it's had a year or so to be digest. personally, it is now my
second favourite B&S album (after "Tigermilk" as BEST ALBUM EVER MADE), but
also my most listened to B&S album. I listen to it at least a couple of
times a week, and find it just gets better and better. It's really rich, and
even though in my heart I would have liked an album full of Struan songs, I
do love the "democratic" nature of the songwriting. It's one of those flawed
but great masterpieces.

well, thats it for now ....

sleep well kids,

Lawrence