Sinister: Pearl Jam Jars

toescantalk at xxx.com toescantalk at xxx.com
Thu Apr 19 12:02:28 BST 2001

> No further down the road re: "Jeremy In Chicago". Someone said something
> about The Ailser Set, but the song doesn't sound *anything* like them, plus
> it's a male vocalist etc. I am very confused ..... even if it isn't a B&S
> song, it's still fantastic.
> (and I appologise if the issue has been resolved ... I get the digest, and
> hence always read posts a day or so late)

Well the singer is the lovely Wyatt, otherwise known as the guitarist of the Aislers Set who writes and sings the odd song. Including another very pretty song on their new Attraction Action Reaction 7", which he sang at the Monarch in London on Sunday. Bless 'im...

Talking of London and Londoners, you lot don't half go on about your picnics don't you? It's slightly compulsive obsessive if you ask me, but maybe that's something to do with washing. Which I don't really know much about being a dirty old man. I recommend you all have little picnics in your little London back gardens, or your dog-shit laden local grassy knoll, until you learn how to get on and be nice to each other London people. My local grassy knoll happens to be Greenwich Hill. Anyone fancy joining me? What fun... I recommend you argue about it off list, or better still mud wrestle for it, before Linda shoots you with her ping pong ball gun. Whatever strapping lad said something about having it at noon though was surely having a laugh. Be serious. For those who are still awake, I think they'll be watching Ant n Dec on CD:UK.

Archel also said something about DDR:

DDR, or Dance Dance Revolution, is a global phenomoenon. And if the biggest thing since the invention of the self-opening jam jar. It's based on the ritual dancing of a tribe known as the Glamazons in the Brazilian jungle (the one's without the plate in their gobs). They stamp on the floor in routine patterns, as passed down from generation to generation, to prevent the rain when they need to sunbathe. Little do they know in their hedonistic little existences, that they live in a rain forest. There's not much they can do about the rain. Different families had different dances ranging from the Paranoia clan who have very quick feet, to the slightly more laid back Steps clan, to whom too much physical exercion is the last thing on their mind. Anyway in conclusion, it is basically a dancing arcade game where you jump up and down on pads while following arrows at screens to loud music. Doesn't that sound fun! I can't believe people have the audacity to do that in public. It really!
 is rather silly. Basically it is entertianment for the intellectually challenged. Unfortunately, I believe that there are photos in existence of me doing this so called "DDRing" which much like Geri Halliwell's ballet dancing in her new video involves the photography trickery of superimposing my head on an admittedly very talented droopy arsed dancer. Much like the Geri video, I recommend you avoid these photos.

Anyway, too much relevance and not enough cabbage (hello cabbage!).

Te ra,

Martin