Sinister: blairful of thatcher stick on the 45

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Thu Apr 19 21:00:40 BST 2001

-

people have been talking about recorded anouncements on trains, my local
metro system's announcement (as mike w will fondly recall (or maybe not)) is
an bloke, or occationally a woman, with an alarmingly heavy geordie accent
saying 'stand clear of the doors please' as they are about to close.
visitors to the area always comment on how thick the guy sounds, which does
nothing to dispell the myth that geordies are all lager swilling football
hooligans, we arent at all, alot of us are really sweet :)
newcastle is the indie capital of, if not england, then certainly the north.
  there are soo many pairs of flairs being flapped around the city centre of
a saturday, it's grate.

-

i've just heard about the new super furry animals album, apparently it's
coming out on cd and dvd, the latter being mixed in 5.1 surround sound with
a specially comissioned video for each song plus remixes and bonus tracks
*and* the videos are being shown in cinemas round britain on the sunday
before the release (probably around late june)
how fantastic is that?!

-

someone mentioned channel 4's music tv moments thing, we carnt rig the votes
coz, on the website at least, there are 40 pre-chosen 'moments' of which you
choose 10 as your favourites, and belle and sebastian's brit moment isn't on
the list - so there
luckily the one i wanted to vote for was there - pulp headlining at
glastonbury '95 when the stone roses pulled out - that was a defining moment
for me, not necisarily because it was pulp, but from that point onwards,
music has been a great importance in my life.

-

i've had a fantastic idea (ok, so you'll prolly shoot me down in flames but)
why dont we form a belle and sebastian tribute band, not all 1424 of us,
we'd never fit on a stage, we could suppurt the band on the (fingers
crossed) impending tour.
i'll play bass and do a bit of vocals a la StuD; desmond in a coma plays
drums so he can take richard's place; brier random is in a band, not sure
what you play though mate; anybody with a voice like StuM out there?,
anybody?, bueller?, bueller?

-

and finally here are the results of the fantastic lyric competition

it was of course Einar's shouty bit from 'regina' by the sugarcubes

this lot all came second:

brier - just about right, you had the jist of it
caleb - how was arab strap?
GarethDanielBill - not even out of the nursery and joining in
jay - right band, wrong song
maren rocket - don't mention it
ola - you didn't get it right but i'll put you out of your misery anyway
stephanie - the only one to mention Einar
will salt - last entry to reach me

most of these reached me within 2 hours of me posting it!
but there has to be a winner

and Karren Gill is that girl!, her post arrived in my mailbox before i got
my original post sent back from sinister! damn she's quick.

i take it from your last post that you are canadian so the tape might take a
while to get to you but it will definately be sometime (nice and vague)
send me your address and rough taste in music and i'll send a tailor-made
tape winging its way to you.

-

tis the season for competitions round these parts all of a sudden
byzey bye
Pez*

not enough schools
not enough homes
just 'phoney care' in his millennium dome
more prime cuts than beef on the bone
and there's too many questions you're not answering, tone

so will the real great britain step forward
this is the national identity parade
shoe gazer nation forever looking backwards
time to reject the sixties charade

www.pez.com - the wonderful world of pez ;)

ivorytowers.8m.com - ivory towers records

www.drpez.com - Dr Pez, Spain's premier fish doctor (i think)