Sinister: aisles and aisles of aislers

Ian Connelly ian at xxx.com
Sat Apr 21 03:02:58 BST 2001

after all the hooplah about the mis-named 'jeremy in chicago,'
martin wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 toescantalk at runbox.com wrote:
> Well the singer is the lovely Wyatt, otherwise known as the guitarist
> of the Aislers Set who writes and sings the odd song. Including
> another very pretty song on their new Attraction Action Reaction 7",
> which he sang at the Monarch in London on Sunday. Bless 'im...

so i thought i'd add a little aislers family tree. sorry if it's a bit
nebulous or uninformed.

wyatt's also in another band called Trackstar. whose first record on
SubPop-relative DieYoungStayPretty is pretty fabulous and probably still
pretty available. Trackstar sounds completely unlike Aislers Set -- much
more in the vein of uh Unwound, maybe. but with a little more jangle and
hook. they have been playing out lots lately and are working on another
record.

all of the other Aislers are/were-recently in other bands, too: Alicia
(bass) is in the wonderful, kraftwerk-and-new-order pop-ish #Poundsign,
Jen (keys) is part of the tweelovelyasallgetout band the Fairways, and
Yoshi was of late in Scenic Vermont (late-90s album released on Seattle
imprint Suicide Squeeze), and also played in emo-faves Fisticuffs Bluff
way back when. And, as no one has mentioned this, Amy's previous band was
the marychain-meets-something-far-louder Henry's Dress, whose two genius
records will rattle your bits and pieces with feedback until you're
feeling warm and fuzzy, and are maybe still available on Slumberland.

some urls, in case you're inclined:
(fairways)
http://www.epitonic.com/artists/thefairways.html
(slumberland)
http://www.dropbeat.com/slrland/index.html
(#poundsign)
http://www.poundsign.net or www.fantasticpop.com
(trackstar)
http://www.spineless.com/trackstar.html

hope that helps, if you've had any lingering questions.

now, back to lurking on all the smut and debauchery.

ian c