Sinister: Richard Keys has got no knees

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 24 01:12:39 BST 2001

1.
I've applied for a job as a weatherman. I don't know if I've got much
of a chance, but at least it will be fun trying.  My best qualifications
are that I know all of the words to John Kettley Is A Weatherman and
I look a bit like the weatherman on the Big Breakfast. I don't know if
these are really the sort of thing they're looking for. Oh well, if I don't
get the weatherman job maybe I could be a weathergirl instead.

2.
My sister has a book about Australia that has in it a dictionary of
Aussie slang. It's funny, because it's written for Americans so apart
from all of the usual things you'd expect like dingo, ute, panel van
and "you great gallaar" it has lots of English words in it too, like
pub, abseiling and "tip top" and nappys, and explanations of what
they all mean.

You crazy yanks!

3.
I was searching the web for news about the new single (there isn't
any, unfortunately) and I stumbled, trousers round my ankles, pants
round my knees, onto the Super Furry Animals mailing list. The first
email I saw, as I pulled myself together, was "What's a bollard?"
and the next one was from someone explaining what a bollard was.
I'm glad I'm on this list and not that one.

r.