Sinister: Like a lip lifted from a lip

Brian Pennington cellophanesky at xxx.com
Mon Apr 23 19:12:22 BST 2001

Hello List,
	My roomate and I have turned my apartment into a facsimile of a
very slow wind tunnel, thus alleviating a little of the heat. It feels
like I'm outdoors, and whenever I eat it tastes like I'm eating
outdoors. You know that subtle difference in the way food tastes when
you eat it on a patio or a picnic?

Onto answers:

The Pinefox queried:
 > And for that matter why is 'Age of Consent' so called?

	That's an easy one, just listen to the lyrics.

In addition to missing on the Go Sailor background of Amy Linton as
someone else mentioned, Ian Connelly also failed to mention drummer
Yoshi's connection to Poastal, who I always thought were very good, and
released a split single with #Poundsign#  I always liked #Poundsign# but
they appear to have become fairly inactive. Someone told me Stephen from
#Poundsign# moved close to my neighborhood, but I haven't spotted him
yet.

	So Mr. Robertson, it is next week. Where are those single
tracklistsings and tour details?

	I have been spending my days tracking down demos for songs from
Liberty Belle & the Black Diamond Express. I have always felt B&S would
probably give a nod or two to this album if given half a chance. The
strings at times remind me closely of fishyclap, and of course Struan
and Isobel have never made secret their love of the Go-Bs. Anytime
someone asks me to recommend the purchase of a random album to them I
always recommend Liberty Belle. It is an almost surefire success. I
never thought I'd like a country song as much as "Spring Rain." And the
piano of "Twin Layers of Lightning," mm, if I had one album on Earth
right now it would be this one.

	Tell me know, why does the ice cream van always twinkle past my
window at 8 PM but never at 2. I could really go for a rocket pop right
now. Mmm.

Brian Pennington | cellophanesky at mac.com | AIM: aVespertineDream
Semi-regular observations: <http://mcmcmc.scribble.nu>
the Cellophane Sky: <http://www.mp3.com/thecellophanesky/>
Sandcastle Records: <http://www.indiepages.com/sandcastle/>
"Better a tear of truth than smiling lies." - Duncan Browne