Sinister: Does B&S make you gay?

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Wed Apr 25 18:25:31 BST 2001

I know it doesn't sound possible, but it could be true.  I noticed a very
strange phenomenon this past weekend.  About 3 different girls that i met
admitted that they thought i was gay.  Although this isn't an insult in any
way, it's discouraging and it prolly doesn't help my chances of shacking up
with such delicious babes.

When pressed for a reason for their assumed gayness of me, one girl said it
was my voice.  I gotta remember to go deep & husky when turning on the
charm.  So then i was wondering:  have the years & years of singing along
with Stuart turned my voice all fey & lilting?  Shall i stop singing along,
and maybe just snap my fingers?  Does Belle & Sebastian make you gay?

The other two girls said i just seemed "too nice to be straight."   "Too
comfortable around girls."  So there you have it.  I need to be a macho
dickhead asshole in order to meet women.  Every macho dickhead i pass on the
street seems to have one on his arm.  So that's what i gotta become.  When i
suggested this, Fiona (the girl who guessed correctly that i was straight)
said "Oh no Brier, please don't, yer great just the way you are" with her
puppydog eyes, and she had one hand in my pocket and the other one was,
well, nevermind.  She was the only one i wasn't really attracted to either.
So there you go: The only ones who like me, i don't like them; and
vice-versa.

Of course, had any of these fair-haired vixens spent a few minutes with me
under the covers, the percolation of my provocation would need no further
investigation.

This from my sources:

"The movie rights to Touching From a Distance, a biography about the
life and suicide of Joy Division frontman Ian Curtis have been sold
to Double A Films. ... The film -- titled Transmission and based on the 1995
book penned by Curtis' widow Deborah -- is being penned by writer/director
Michael Stock.  Filming is tentatively planned to begin by late fall.

    (snip)

In May of 1980, on the eve of his band's first-ever U.S. tour, the
enigmatic Ian Curtis -- suffering from depression and epilepsy --
hanged himself. ... "I think Ian was sort of like all those characters like
James Dean, who live fast and die young," opines Hobby.  "Ian was really
unique in that he was epileptic, believed he was getting these transmissions
from God, and had something to say at a young age."

Goin' into LA again tonight, to see the Dodgers vs. the Pirates.  Looking
forward to an LA meetup soon.  I've been to that city so much in the past
month, i should prolly rent a flat there.  For pix of the last weekend
there, go to:

www.brier2.homestead.com/LA1.html

Congrats to this month's postcard winners: Jonathan H, Jenn P, and Gram.

Sleep tight.  Stay light.  And don't sing along.

~brier