Sinister: aloofness/frankness- the key to any woman's heart?

kmhyde at xxx.edu kmhyde at xxx.edu
Tue Apr 24 20:19:58 BST 2001

I have to agree with Brier wholeheartedly on this, as i too
know the excruciating awkwardness of being thought not-
straight. the reasons the girls give to me usually run the
gamut from "but you always listen to me when I talk"
to "you dress waaaay too nicely". huh.

My friend and I, who has been in a similar situation
before, decide that we have to take steps to rid ourselves
of our 'nice guy' personalitites. However, it has proven
muh harder than we thought- I cannot, for the life of me,
wear anything with a huge logo on it without feeling rather
silly- and saying things like 'sup' and 'whatever baby' is
just stomach-warpingly bad.

we came up with a protocol though- one must attempt to be
entirely aloof at all times- never expressing emotion, and
complimenting only those who might do something for you....
couple this with an overabundant sense of frankess, and
success might be yours.

it is SO hard to be an asshole though. I don't think I'll
ever get it down...
empathy is just impossible to negate when you're sitting
next to a striking blond.

so yes girls, why do we nice guys always get the shaft, so
to speak?

Kevin