Sinister: Bleed, lesbian satan!

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Wed Apr 25 11:59:41 BST 2001

***First, a minute's silence, for the vast numbers of Sinisterines who,
due to geographical location and/or financial difficulty, won't be able to
go.***

OK, now I've got that out of the way, NER NER NER NER NER! I'm going to
see Belle & Sebastian!  I've got tickets for the 16th and the London types
I know are also going are Mark, Vicky, Sally, David, Chris, Martin and
Craig (?)  Who else?  I bet there'll be more.  Oooooooh, what songs d'you
think they'll play?  Do you think they're practising their inter-song
banter just now?  Will we get to see the silver trousers?  And what covers
do you reckon they'll do?  And what shoes will Isobel be wearing, and will
we get close enough to see them?  Of course we will, we'll be in the front
row, won't we?

/me sharpens her elbows and practises her jabbing technique

Shall we all wear matching T-shirts and make ourselves look like sad fans
or should we keep our cool and wear shades and pretend we don't care and
look bored?  I don't think I could look bored, I've never seen Belle &
Sebastian play live before.  How on earth I'm supposed to concentrate on
work today I don't know.  The corners of my mouth keep twitching and I
keep making typing errors and shouting at my computer and the people I
work near will be starting to think I'm really weird, if they don't think
that already.  And should I wear my killer heels to make sure I get a good
view and piss off the person behind me or should I wear trainers for
comfort whilst dancing?  Maybe I could wear trainers but with fishnet
tights - glamour without pain.

There's a thing about the gigs on the NME website at
http://www.nme.com/NME/External/News/News_Story/0,1004,26303,00.html  It's
nothing Mick/Neil haven't already told us, but it does say there is an
exclusive B&S feature coming soon.  Not sure what they mean by that, but
time will tell.

I'm off to get my photies from ATP now.  I think I'll have to run to Boots
just to get rid of some of this energy.  I wish I had a trampoline.

Juicy Lucy

=====