Sinister: Count Bassie Orchestra on Triangle...

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 25 13:54:54 BST 2001

Guess which song I'm listening to then?

So B&S have decided to start their tour by playing a gig in Oon. Nice of
them to pay for her to fly over from Thailand. Now, I've met her before, and
I'm a bit confused about how they're going to fit the entire band inside
such a small person. Maybe they're just planning on surgically inserting a
loudspeaker into her body, and just standing her onstage with her mouth open
while the band play in another room?

I'm not even going to ask how they'll manage to do surround sound.

I've decided sadly that I'm too skint to go to every show on the tour this
time, so I think I'll wait for the dates in England to be announced. Which
is good news for anyone who fancies being able to see the band without some
freakishly tall bloke standing in front of them. But if anyone fancies
hiring a campervan for a week or so and travelling round the country to all
the English dates, get in touch...

Honeyetta is starting to get vicious already, and she's only been our mummy
for a week. Next, she'll be borrowing Honey's dominatrix outfit. You have
been warned...

I know we've discussed the nature of P!O!P! on here before, back in the old
days. But I reckon if a song makes you want to change to a different channel
because you dislike it so much, then it can't be that bad a song because at
least it's provoking some reaction. The worst songs are the ones you just
don't even notice because they're so anodyne*. The fact that the Sugarbabes
have been around for ages and yet noone can remember a single one of their
songs is pretty damning...

(I'm still annoyed though that the Destiny's Child song from Charlie's
Angels was on the soundtrack album, but the wonderful Twiggy Twiggy by
Pizzicato 5 wasn't, even though that appears in the film as well)

I notice on the lyrics page on the website, noone has worked out the lyrics
to "Take Your Carriage Clock and Shove It" yet. Anyone fancy having a go?

Big Stu

* I seem to be using a lot of posh words today. Please accept my profusest
apologies.