Sinister: Are those fireworks in your pockets?

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 25 14:04:37 BST 2001

God, those tour dates give me a dilemma. Either we go to Glasgow
and have that great Glasgow knees up I've been thinking of for ages,
and see Belle and Sebastian there, or we wait until the English
dates are announced and go somewhere here for a lot less money.
Arg, the agony. It's a lot of dates though, so far, isn't it?

I've been at home in the country for the last month, and I'm still
getting used to city life again. The biggest news at home was that,
despite foot and mouth, the Safari Park was open but you could only
see the lizards and the fish.
Here we have armour plated litter bins, "City in Travel Card Chaos",
and buses shouting about the new R.O.B.I.N (Reduction Of Burglary
In Nottingham) scheme. The back of the buses have a dirty crook
behind bars shouting "You banged me up good and proper" to a
flying robin with some handcuffs. We don't have any of this
sophistication at home. If you want to be banged up you just go up
the country park.

List mummy Linda needs list name I think. A bit like Honey, only
different. How about Marmite, or Fishpaste? List Mummy Fishpaste.
That's enough to satisfy anyone's fancies.

When I walked home yesterday there were all sorts of things stuck
to the pavement. Crisp packets, newspapers, even a poo in a bag.
Much more interesting than wee Karn's pavement photographs. A
little boy on a tricycle, about four years old, sat outside the corner
shop. He stared at me as I got closer. "Oh no", he said to his
imaginary friend, "This one isn't nasty. He's a nice man". His
imaginary friend didn't seem too sure.

Big Stu shouted from a great height;

>I notice on the lyrics page on the website, noone has worked out the
>lyrics to "Take Your Carriage Clock and Shove It" yet. Anyone fancy
>having a go?

I think the next words are "up your bum"

Shawn and Emily, in unison, said;

>God bless us every one!

God bless us indeed!

Robin x