Sinister: anodyne extra

Charlie Farley charlie_ivens at xxx.com
Wed Apr 25 14:23:59 BST 2001

"Overload" by Sugababes will go down in history as one of the greatest
hip-pop songs ever made - I can't imagine anybody covering it and making it
sound as fresh and funksome and generally brilliant..!

Altogether now: "Dream comes and I know its destination/It's a one-way
ticket to a madman situation"

And that middle 8! Ooooh, the slow bit! And the fantastic (and, I fear,
highly illegal) remix that mixes the Overload instrumental with Dr Dre &
Eminem's "Forgot About Dre"! Naaah, that's a classic alright.

True, though: the very worst kind of records are those you *don't even
notice* cos they're so utterly inconsequential. Allow me at this point to
mention anybody from 911 to Doves and that dreadful new Madonna record, if I
may? Songs that arrive and leave in just under four minutes, without even
leaving a ripple on the consciousness, deserve to be strangled at birth.

I've said my piece. I'll go now. Anybody know anything about the ace Pulp
song Xfm played at about 9.30pm last night? I think it's new...

ttfn xox Charlie