Sinister: New York, apologies, et cetera

Ian Nicolson imnicolson at xxx.com
Thu Apr 26 09:20:28 BST 2001

Hello again
Sorry, two posts in two days and all that, but I think it was maybe my fault
that some New Yorkers got their hopes up about Belle and Sebastian playing
over there, only for those hopes to be cruelly crushed, like a hedgehog
under the wheels of a cadillac. So to anyone who was disappointed, SORRY!
You can all throw rotten vegetables at me the next time you're in Edinburgh.
I was just trying to make a joke based on their being a big, fancy fuck off
place in New York called the Carnegie Hall and their also being one (not so
big, fancy or fuck off) in a little inbred, sheep-shaggy town that no-one
with any sense would want to go to in Scotland called Dunfermline. Which is
where our favourites are playing. But it obviously didn't work, cause I'm
useless and everything, and I only ended up confusing people. So again, I
apologise.

And now I've gone and offended all the Dunfermile Sinister children (are
there any?!), so I'd better shut up.

Ian N.