Sinister: Dunoon

Johnny Daytona johnnydaytona at xxx.com
Thu Apr 26 21:05:48 BST 2001

Hey kids,

>There are some concerts coming up, and typically the list has gone into a
>frenzy. Everyone is tearing their hair out trying to find out whether
>Dunoon
>is a real place or just a joke, and if it is real, where is it? Who lives
>there? Is there a crazy golf course? Let's check it out:

This is my first post, as I can't pass up mentioning Dunoon.  Absolutely
lovely place.  I got married there last October in Castle House, so Dunoon
makes me all fuzzy.  Especially in conjunction with Belle and Sebastian,
'cos I met my wife when I traveled to Chicago to see the band there.  Or
here, as the case is now.  Now if only the wife actually *liked* B&S.  She
does like the Gentle Waves, though.  We listened to a pre-release copy of
the new album all through our drive up to Scotland from London.  I would die
to see the show in Dunoon.  If only US immigration would let me out of the
country.  Or more accurately, if only they would let me back in after the
show.  My paperwork is still pending.  A Canadian and an American eloping to
a small castle in Scotland may sound romantic, but there are problems in the
long run.

Lots of love,

Darren Kramble