tell it to me slowly Re: Sinister: "The Who! I LOVE bands"

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Sat Apr 28 05:31:11 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Mikkelsen" <mikelsen at xxx.nz>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 8:20 PM
Subject: Sinister: "The Who! I LOVE bands"

> Hello all.
>
> > P.S. New EP coming out. Can't wait. This is even better news than
> Radiohead
> > or Tool releasing a new album.
>
> Would the person who said this please appologise. (About the Toll part,
> anyway) This is not unlike saying "I can't wait for Christ to return. That
> would be even better than Satan returning ....)

now, now

> Speaking of bands, I started reading a bio of The Band last night. Their
> first two albums are amongst the best ever written. As is "Odyssey and
> Oracle" by The Zombies. Buy it. (And I am not just saying this because B&S
> covered "Time of the Season")

when did that happen exactly?  if anyone can be the modern colin blunstone....besides
colin blunstone.....it's certainly stu.  maybe they'll listen to you, lawrence.  i
beseeched those here to make that same purchase a while ago, but i don't know if it
had any effect.  :)

so, once again.....he ain't lying!  "odessey and oracle" is it!  it's the shit!  so
give those nice old zombie lads some money, they deserve it.  (of course if you
happen to be in new york, and who isn't besides me, you've got the chance to see
colin and rod argent live on stage!  of course, a full five-piece reunion would just
be stupendous...but then my envy and rage would be boundless, so maybe it's better
this way.  you don't want get too close when i miss a show.)

of course, you don't have to take it from me, but i know of what i spake in this
case.  :)

(your turn, kado!)

jay

"i've been waiting on festival pier for you, honey, for decades"