Sinister: A Poem (still nothing to report)

David Howie howied41 at xxx.com
Sat Apr 28 10:02:27 BST 2001

Well, sinisterines, since I still have nothing to report, I thought I'd
furnish the list with a poem.  Not that it's any good.  But, well, I tried.

“Just Kurt?” by David Howie

The lonely, lying Jesus man,
Lay aground by “his own” hand,
Listless and lifeless, lethargy takes hold
Of an idol deemed strong, a man reckoned bold.
His innocent hands naïve of vice,
A shot of candy, no grasp on his life,
In Rome, we were wrong.

Watch as the vultures feed off his body,
Reporters, anchors, their platitudes shoddy.
A Hole has opened from whence he came
The shameless lady shares her shame.
Her Doll Heart effects a nadir
Countless others succumb to their fear.
Lost lambs mourn their shepherd,
Messiah on the podium,
Disenfranchised,
But heard.

We've heard it all before, I know, but there's my tuppence.

Thank you,

David.

PS If anybody hated/liked/loved/mildly disliked/convulsed at my poem, then
write to me and rant/gush/be miffed/be sick on me please.  I like it when I
get mail.  I'm terrible at replying though, so if I don't reply, I'm not
being rude, only lazy.  Sorry.