Sinister: Heavey Metal covers from the slow and pretty

Chris Paluch keleidoscopic at xxx.com
Sun Apr 29 05:23:31 BST 2001

Sinister,
This may sound silly but i would not put iron maden
covers beyond any pop band at this point.  This is
mainly out of the fact the guy from Red House
Painters, mark Kozelek, did an album of nothing but
early ac-dc covers, which was suprisingly beautiful,
taking it was old ac-dc covers.  So I would not put
such a thing past any band at this point.  This means
i would not be completely shocked if B&S did a Iron
Maden cover.  The real question which song would they
cover. Plus it would make the list more interesting as
we discuss which heavey metal song B&S would cover if
they ever did cover heavey metal. Would it be
something we never knew the words for in the first
place, or would it be the artsy direction of covering
a bit more of a respectical band like tool.  Oh the
humor that would ensue from such a meaningless
discussion. Honestly i know nothing about iron maden
or heavey metal, other than what i learn of thier
exploits on behind the music, and my old hardcore
housemates, but i do think this is a thread that needs
to be pursued to its fullest.

Hearts and Stars
Chris P.

=====
www.mp3.com/sevenstars
So many days pass lost in the skyline.  Some things still take my heart away and leave me weaping.