Sinister: i heard the birds singing and that's how i knew it was morning

Blake hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Sun Apr 29 05:34:37 BST 2001

that's precisely how it happened.  i was walking back this morning at 6am or
so and knew it was morning because the birds were beginning to sing in the
shadowy shrubbery (say that three times fast, i dare ya) and i was happy.

there are things very definitely B&S (not to be confused with BS) about this
post, so i'll get on with it.  i was talking with a boy last night who was
telling me that, after i told him that i liked B&S, that he liked "I Fought
in a War" (i resisted telling him that it's actually a duran duran song, but
let's not get into that) but didn't like "If You're Feeling Sinister", the
song mind you.  my pasty white jaw was on the ground.  i didn't speak much
to him after that.

this girl i was semi-hitting on told me to go see "harvey" with jimmy
stewart because my middle name's elwood and that's what i go by here at
school and jimmy stewart's character is named elwood p. dowd and he has an
imaginary best friend who's a 6ft. tall white rabbit.  i'm sorry to break
anyone's heart who thought blake was the pinnacle of cute and twee.  we had
an interesting conversation about dixie cups and then she showed everyone
her chest.  sort of like lisa.  but i don't think my dixie cup girl is
famous for it yet.  so i went out today and rented "harvey".  i loved it.
it goes to show, and i'll steal from the filmic masterpiece "Tommy Boy" when
i say that i got so smitten that if i were in a white suit she would have
been able to sell me a ketchup popsicle.

more B&S, more B&S.  i envy everyone going to the shows.  someone scream out
Who requests like "My Wife" and "Relay" and see what our beloved band
members do.  roll their eyes probably.  oh and ask isobel why she hasn't
responded to my letters professing my undying love for her.  i mean, i gave
her those boxes to check so that she could tell me she liked me.  it was so
easy.

i must alert the list about a terrific, wowie zowie little band from North
Carolina called The Comas.  they make perfect little songs.  i heartily
encourage everyone to go buy lots of their albums, even if they only have
two right now.

goodbye goodbye
i hope i don't hear the birds this morning.  then i'd be acutely aware of
the sleep i'd be losing.

love
blake
the nerdy shy eyed pacifist