Sinister: Don't Call Me Ribena, Tizer!

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sun Apr 29 12:12:09 BST 2001

That Salman Rushdie book is over 600 pages long!

I think the 2.50 booking fee is a bit excessive, you could probably buy
quite a bit of land for 2.50 in Dunoon. Sunny Spain is right, I hope Isobel
doesn't forget to pack her factor 9 million Ambre Solaire, otherwise she'll
end up looking like a ruddy tomato. That line-up is
the most excruciating pile of toss I've ever seen. I wonder if Stuart will
dare to sing his new Spanish song? Aberdeen's a bit rough, I hope Isobel
wears a crash helmet, the locals drop milk crates full of empty milk bottles
from the top of tower blocks, you know. Dunfermline is full of squirrels.
The concert is listed as "unreserved seating", which means mad bastard
scramble. So much more rock 'n' roll than the genteel surroundings of The
Barrowlands, charmingly located in the popular tourist area The Barras,
where you can go for a nice wander and haggle for souvenirs like secondhand
porno mags and knuckledusters, not to mention the local cuisine like square
sausage and translucent chips.

Someone asked which publication / journal PF works for. He's probably too
modest to mention it, but he's a junior reporter for Meryl Streep Monthly.
His work can also be lapped up in an excellent book published by the Poetry
Society called The Message, alongside articles by such luminaries as Jonzi D
and Stevie T. I don't know if it's still available.

I see the coach of the Japan national football team is one Philippe
Troussier. Any relation?

The Peacock Johnson promotional extravaganza made me laugh, I suppose you
had to be there to appreciate its full crapness.

A group that's quite good, I think, is The Squeeze. Great lyrics, catchy
melodies. A book that's quite good is Up The Junction, clocking in at a
sensible 97 pages including drawings.

Sister Disco