Sinister: Meryl Streep: Classic or Dud?

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Sun Apr 29 18:01:43 BST 2001

Someone said something like: it's getting exciting,
innit? I disagree. Mind you, Miller might be mildly
aroused to know that LOGAN'S RUN was on TV this
afternoon. Michael York - whatever happened to him,
and others of his ilk, if ilk there was? I mean, they
can't *all* have turned into Nick Dastoor - and my
editor's fave Jenny Agutter. I hope my editor saw it,
just for the Jenny Agutter bits.

Segments.

Peter Ustinov featured too, quoting Eliot on cats in a
half-minded American accent.

Surely the geezer Miller knows what I'm on about.

B&S CONTENT

Rumours circulated that Lloyd Cole was spotted in a
bar in Glasgow last week. But it was only Stuart
Murdoch. Bah.

>>> That Salman Rushdie book is over 600 pages long!

They all are, aren't they, these days? I can
sympathize. Oh, I can sympathize.

>>> I think the 2.50 booking fee is a bit excessive,
you could probably buy quite a bit of land for 2.50 in
Dunoon.

You can add nothing to that. I mean, there's nothing
to add.

>>> That line-up is the most excruciating pile of toss
I've ever seen.

I have missed this kind of talk, as delivered by a
real pro (celebrity).

>>> Aberdeen's a bit rough

It's funny you should say that. I was there the other
day and was struck by the swanky bouncers. It took me
a while to pick myself up and recover from the blow.

>>> Someone asked which publication / journal PF works
for. He's probably too modest to mention it, but he's
a junior reporter for Meryl Streep Monthly.

Plus Ladies' Day also too. Don't forget Ladies' Day.

>>> such luminaries as Jonzi D and Stevie T.

Did you know that the former borrowed his 'tag' style
off the latter?

>>> I don't know if it's still available.

It is to me. I have to read it every morning, to
reassure myself that that Rod Stewart line hasn't
changed overnight.

>>> The Peacock Johnson promotional extravaganza made
me laugh, I suppose you had to be there to appreciate
its full crapness.

I think you are 'on the money', as a long-lost
Exeterian would say.

>>> A group that's quite good, I think, is The
Squeeze. Great lyrics, catchy melodies.

I agree. I love The Squeeze.

A film that's quite good is The Sting. Did I mention
Logan's Run yet?

It sure is getting exciting round here.