Sinister: York Picnic Details

mummy i've grazed my knee clj106 at xxx.uk
Sun Apr 29 18:10:33 BST 2001

OK, I know most of you northern listees will alreday have packed you
hampers and diluted your ribena and are just itching to go so you won't
be late, but you just don't know where the darned thing is!
These are details I posted on the Jeepster meet up board. They aren't
grate directions because I'm not good at things like that. Please
contact me if you're lost because i want to help lots, I like helping.
Please all come along, the more people the less shyness.
Here is what it says on the meet up board:

Well, my exam is finally over and i can dedicate time to nice things.
The picnic will be on Saturday May 5th at 2pm in York next to the
university. That bit you already knew, but i just thought I'd remind
you.
The new details follow:

I will assume that most will arrive by train or possibly by bus. Trains
run to york from everywhere in the world like Basingstoke and Bulgaria,
so it should be easy to get that far! There are buses from Leeds and
Selby and several other places round about.
Once at the station, take a number 4 or 5 bus to the university, they
run every 15 minutes.
The picnic will be held opposite Derwent College on a nice field with a
church and many daisies. The bus stop you want to get off at is the last
of three that are on University Road. When the bus starts going downhill
along a very straight road you are at the university. It will stop at
once near the top, once half way down, then go over a roundabout and
stop again. This is where you get off. It's quite hard to explain. On
the left is a field, in the middle of the road is a central reservation
and nearby is a courtyard with what looks like four small blocks of
flats.
If you get off at the wrong stop it's only a short walk, just ask
somebody how to get to Derwent College, or better still, ask someone on
the bus which is the stop outside Derwent College.
I will be there wearing a bus t-shirt and I will have my phone if you
get lost. 07730074650 is my number.
Because York has been a lake for the past 6 months you might want
something to sit on to protect your bum from wetness.
Food is essential, as is alcohol if you are of such a disposition. You
can bring guitars and tapes of course and anything else which will
entertain the masses.
If it rains we will go to The Charles down the road.
If you need anymore details e-mail me, chris.jones at icky-poo.co.uk, or
phone me.
I will stand by the bus stop and wave lots every time a bus comes past!

Chris Jones.