Sinister: Sunglasses, chinese food, fatigue and the waiter

Histrianic at xxx.com Histrianic at xxx.com
Sun Apr 29 21:58:41 BST 2001

I watched a movie entitled The Waiter the other day.  It was twenty-nine minutes long, and it was about this little kid named Tommy who wanted to become a waiter.  He goes out to Hollywood and doesn't have any success for three years but he finally gets hired as a waiter at a fancy restaurant for movie stars.  The last two minutes consist of a big-time director offering Tommy billions of dollars to be the star of his new movie but Tommy turning down the offer saying "Thank you, sir, but no thank you.  You see, I'm a waiter."

Yes, I wasted twenty-nine minutes of my life watching this stupid film.  I must admit it was rather entertaining, though...  I thought it was poking fun at all those materialists who go out to Hollywood not for the art (although there is none in Hollywood) but for the money and fame.

Today has been a rather fulfilling day.  I am done with more than half of my work for Monday, I listened to Steve Miller Band for a while, then listened to Belle and Sebastian.  I listened to the Lazy Line Painter Jane EP.  I listened to the first track dozens of times.  It was fun.

I also ordered chicken fried rice for lunch and am still eating it at 4:54 P.M.  I am a slow eater.

For those of you who are kind enough to read my posts, you know that I have been eyeing a new creature... named Will.  He lent me a Steve Miller Band CD on Saturday morning and wrote me a little note along with it...  It was a very sweet act on his part.  He signed it "have fun, will".  He has messy handwriting and writes in all caps.

I feel like a shy little lazy being today.  I am usually very energetic and jumping off of walls.  I think this may have something to do with all the Belle and Sebastian I've been listening to lately.

This has gotten a lot longer than I expected it to.  I think that's a cue for me to stop writing.  Whine whine.  I want to meet more people who love Belle and Sebastian...

Love and kisses
Hye Min