Sinister: UK listees: Dance to indie-pop-punk tunes as Offbeat returns

Chris Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 30 09:59:07 BST 2001

.... This Friday and 3 more times before our summer break

*(apologies to anyone who receives this message more than once!)*

             OFFBEAT -  a real indiepoppunk night.......

     with late bar, free lollipops, stickers and request sheets

     Sheffield Uni' SU Raynor Lounge (non-students most welcome)

     9pm to 1am, £2.50 on the door...

Friday 4th May
Friday 18th May
Friday 1st June (Belle and Sebastian Special)
Tuesday 5th June

     Playing......Classic leftfield Indie, Punk POP, lo-fi, C86,
     new indiepop underground sounds,...

HEFNER-BELLE AND SEBASTIAN-DELGADOS-PIXIES-HALF
MAN HALF BISCUIT- KENICKIE-PASTELS-IDLEWILD-R.E.M.-
SMITHS-PAVEMENT-ANGELICA-FALL-...TRAIL OF DEAD- BLUR-
JAM-HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT-CLINIC-TALULAH GOSH-BIS-
VELOCETTE-I LUDICROUS-JUNE BRIDES-SUPER FURRY
ANIMALS-ELASTICA-AT THE DRIVE-IN-URUSEI YATSURA-
BOGSHED-TIGER-SNUFF-DEAD KENNEDYS-PWEI-CARTER
USM-COMET GAIN-STEREOLAB-SPARKLEHORSE-ASH-
BUZZCOCKS-10 BENSON-WEDDING PRESENT-SONIC YOUTH-
BODINES-PIXIES-SUEDE-GENE-PRIMAL SCREAM-SHOP
ASSISTANTS-FIELD MICE-CUD-CHILLS-PETER AND THE TEST
TUBE BABIES-MANICS-MARINE RESEARCH-CHAMELEONS-
BRASSY-CURE-GORKYS ZYGOTIC MYNCI
       plus many more in the same vein......

for more details/to join the Offbeat mailing list
email C.B.Stride at Sheffield.ac.uk

there is a website with Offbeat playlists and info and links to other
cool sites at
http://www.offbeatsheffield.com

C.B.Stride at Sheffield.ac.uk

*** daytime: 0114 2223262 ***
***     FAX: 0114 2727206 ***

"Watford FC Supporters - South Yorkshire branch"