Sinister: The Off White Stripes?

Jonathan Howell ojh9 at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 2 10:17:32 BST 2001

Oh no, sorry...  The lights were off, now I can see that those stripes are
in shining white, digitally remastered, technocolor (which is a bit of a
waste really, but there you go).

So, which of you fellows will be at the Cockpit in Leeds tonight for that
gig then?  Perhaps I shall see you there.  I'll be beflared in blue, and
possibly with an  inverse B&S badge (but then maybe not too, that one
depends on my mood as I leave the house).  My hair will be trying to touch
the ceiling (in brown).  I would have worn just red and white... but I don't
own any red or white trousers, besides, riding on fashion statements for a
hobby is (maybe a little) sad.  Now I'm assuming that they'll have other
people in to play the other instruments while they play guitar and drums...
but I'd be really amused if it was just the two of them on the stage in red
and white.  I was thinking about the way they refuse to tell people what
their real relationship is... perhaps they're just close friends having fun.
That's my theory anyway.

Kara* was talking about recording people, if you're still looking then you
can have my voice too... just fo a little while mind, and only if I'll be
getting it back in the same state.  It's not the bestest voice in the world,
but I've had it for a long time now (twenty years in a week and a day) and
It's rather useful.  Oh yes... it sounds like an exciting project to me.

Well, those lovely people at my local ind-record shop have now started
writing Belle and Sebastian releases down on their wall of upcoming stuff
(since they now realise that someone likes them a lot, since I asked them to
grab me a JD video) ...btw, it's Jonathan that they've used, not Jonathon
(as many people say)...  I probably wouldn't have noticed, but it's very
exciting to be mentioned in a B&S song...  It makes me feel like a Lisa or a
Judy.  I was almost like a mother to the girl I've fallen for... but then
I'm spelt differently.  I wonder if Jonny Greenwood is excited by all this
too.  No one knows because of all that hair over his face...

Love...

Jonny.