Sinister: you adjust your specs & read about "GOING WEST"

Amy Bancroft phoenixx_ala at xxx.com
Thu Aug 2 20:19:31 BST 2001

hey,

It seems everyone is in a tizzy figuring out how to get to the westcoast to attend one or more concerts.  I’m offering a solution.
I am still looking for travel companions on my road trip to the westcoast.  Thus far, the dates haven’t geehawed with people’s schedules, so most are flying out and going to one or two shows.  Which I understand, what with fall semesters starting and the rest of us with jobs and (ugh) responsibilities.   And I don’t expect everyone to quit their job and pack their bags.  (I’ve personally wanted to quit for awhile) But still.  I haven’t looked at a map yet, so I have no route in mind (hope this isn’t scaring everyone away).  Which means - if you’re a bit off the beaten path, that’s okay.
Here are the shows I have tickets for:
1) san francisco on the 8th
2) portland
3) vancouver (well, no tix yet)
4) seattle
So the whole trip will probably take 10 – 14 days.  depending on the route, enjoying the sites and such, etc

But if no one decides they can come with, I’ll just dress my car up all sinistRish and meet up with everyone whose flying (and those of you from the west too) once I get there.  But you’d be missing out on a lot of fun.  This is going to be low budget.  So I can guarantee you at least a few pb and jelly sandwiches for your in-drive meals.

A kind soul was offering to put up persons at their place near SF, if anyone else wants to offer a floor –I’d appreciate it very, very much.  SF is one place where I already have that issue taken care of.

And I suppose after going west I should head back east, but that may be too much, I think : )
<As a means of distraction for those of us bound to the Atlantic I
propose "The East Coast Sinister Belle & Sebastian Cover Band." We can
play churches picnics and private bedrooms>
Anyhow - hope that works out

My apartment is about 100 degrees, so minimalism or lack of sleepware is of most importance.  I either just made that totally incomprehensible or....I don't know, but using the word naked, would sort of ruined the innocent tone of the post. oh well.

When I first joined the list, I thought how anonymously great.  But now I know a few of you, and then an old neighbor pops up.  What next?

But, you know, it’s even better when its not anonymous.

Hoping to get flooded with emails about the trip,
amy b.

???HEY, WHAT ABOUT THE GREAT LAKES PICNIC???