Sinister: Tips, sour grapes, the lot

Brandt Fundak brandtpfundak at xxx.com
Thu Aug 2 20:56:27 BST 2001

Two posts in two days. Sorry, but I had to say a few
things.

First, thanks to Brandon, who used his first post to
advise travellers to the Warfield shows. Luckily, I
happen to be coming for more than just the Belle and
Sebastian show and staying with friends the whole week
before, and there are 8 of us going, so I'm sure we'll
manage.

Secondly, I'm hearing a lot of grumbling coming from
the east coast, and all I really have to say is that
they need to get over it. East Coasters can complain
when they get more looked over than mid-westerners.
Since that is never going to happen, I'm not going to
feel very sympathetic. I don't mean to start a flame
war (and I hope I don't) but Belle and Sebastian
didn't even play Detroit on their last US tour so that
meant every Belle and Sebastian fan from Iowa to Ohio,
from Michigan to Missouri had to do the Chicago show
or nothing.

Obviously, from the tone of Neil's post yesterday, the
members of belle and sebastian like to hang out at
home. And who can blame them. I often wonder how bands
like the lucksmiths who travelled all over the US on
their last tour could do it for three months. I think
most people like to feel rooted and be around their
stuff, so I think B & S have the right idea--come to
the Western US and Canada for two weeks, then go home
for 6 then check out Brazil. Sounds like a dream life
to me...

If Belle and Sebastian wanted to, they could do a
massive tour of the United States and hit towns like
Cleveland or St. Louis or Minneapolis and sell out
just as quickly as they did in San Francisco and they
would make a ton of money doing it. But they don't
want to. And we have to respect that. It may not make
us happy as fans, but we have to respect it.

Brandt

=====
"Selma, Jub Jub is fantastic! He's everywhere you want to be!"
                             --Troy McClure