Sinister: The Off White Stripes?

john barrick astroboy at xxx.com
Fri Aug 3 00:22:29 BST 2001

Nathan Walker wrote:

> Now, I just read an interview in the Detroit Metro
> Times that quotes them as being formerly married.  I
> have a feeling they're being a bit convoluted for
> sensationalism.  I still love the band, though!  If
> you dig them, check out the Dirtbombs.  Another
> Detroit band that has the same attitude and are quite
> close with the white stripes.
>
> - nathan
>
> --- philip boucher <poodlerocker at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > >Now I'm assuming that they'll have other people in
> > to play the other
> > >instruments while they play guitar and drums... but
> > I'd be really amused if
> > >it was just the two of them on the stage in red and
> > white.
> >
> > they dont, its just the 2 of them.
> >
> > >I was thinking about the way they refuse to tell
> > people what their real
> > >relationship is... perhaps they're just close
> > friends having fun.
> >
> > they are brother and sister.
> >
> > just thought Id let you know.

First post and all that but you don't really want to know about me.

I have a coworker that's playing a gig with the Stripes this month and
another one that's played a show with them in the past.  According to my
coworkers, they are neither married nor siblings.  They were
romantically involved at one time but are no longer.  They do seem to
enjoy the various speculations about their relationship.  In the past,
they've performed live as a duo.

john barrick
astroboy at cinci.rr.com