Sinister: Thank you one, thank you all, and thank you all the little people.

David Clark. Doyster at xxx.nz
Fri Aug 3 06:43:07 BST 2001

Peter Carter Said:(of In the Ghetto, Nick Cave)
> I was a little confused,
> since I don't think that single was released in 1991,

Yes siree, bob, confused is right. That little platter was released in 1985.
And what a year that was aye?

Was that message from the management some kind of cryptic message? B&S in
Australia? But not New Zealand? Are they crazy? Am I crazy?
Speaking of B&S and NZ, the godzone listees association had a kinda face to
face on B&S day, I say kinda face to face cos some of us were kinda off
ours!
     But it was at a fantastic hoolie put on by the one and only Scott
Mannion, and featuring sets by some of AUCKLANDS real live rock stars.
Lawrence Mikkelsen was there too.
     I must say it was a relief to be able to put faces to people off this
list, it was also good to meet Mr Mannion cos I had bootlegged his band a
few weeks ago and was wanting to track him down to give him a copy (so scott
hit reply and we can sort it out).
    Now that we've got past the face to face thing (and the heebee geebee's
of meeting people off the internet) we've got the makings of the southern
most picnic in the world ever, except that it's the midst of winter here
which makes for a bit of a chill,( and the penguins tend to steal yer
sandwiches).what do ya say boys,(there are girls in NZ but they don't seem
to be flocking to sinister, your guess is as good as mine).

On another note, my sister is having twins in a few months and we were
sitting talking about names, naturally I suggested Belle and Sebastian. But
she wasn't very keen( she wasn't sold on Nancy and Lee either so I didn't
even mention Sonny and Cher). I did have a friend once who had two rabbits
called Stew and Casserole.