Sinister: it's been the ruin of many a po' boy

Rener iodowd at xxx.com
Fri Aug 3 12:33:25 BST 2001

 --- Matthew Henderson <lokar20 at hotmail.com> wrote: >
> The Virgin in New Orleans is having a big British
> Music celebration.  On one
> of the racks was PJ Harvey.  I thought she was
> American.  I know she lives
> in England, but does that count?  They also had the
> new Criterion
> La'venturra double disc set on sale (yipee!).

peej is indeed english - from yeovil, dorset to be
exact .... although i'd heard she now lives in america
(i could be wrong about this). her last album was
certainly very american-influenced, though - she does
a very good job of being patti smith on a lot of the
songs, bless her. she's great.

your mentioning of new orleans has made me all
nostalgic for the place. i was there about 18 months
ago and absolutely loved it. my ambitious plan is to
go there for jazzfest sometime, but i'd need to rob a
bank first.

Criterion La'venturra double disc set? que?

rener

=====
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx