Sinister: Chip off the old block

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Fri Aug 3 16:04:54 BST 2001

The Scottish Sun, today Friday August 3rd, full page spread:

               "LARA CROFT IS ONE BELLE OF A GOOD SINGER"
                   Scots band to team up with Jolie

Brit-award winners Belle & Sebastian could have a stunning new singer
in their line-up - Hollywood sex bomb Angelina Jolie.

The busty Tomb Raider star is desperate to team up with the cult
Scots band after hearing rave reports about the group from her
hot-maker UNCLE.

Legendary songwriter Chip Taylor - brother of Angelina's
Oscar-winning dad Jon Voight - is Belle & Sebastian's No 1 fan.

New Yorker Chip - who also penned Shaggy's worldwide chart-topper
Angel - became firm pals with the group when they stood in as his
backing band at a gig in a Glasgow church last year.

Now he wants his movie siren niece to team up with them to record a
version of his 60s classic Wild Thing, made famous by Jimi Hendrix
and The Troggs.

Last night Chip said: "Angelina is a very creative girl and I know
she'd be a great success as a singer.

"She has a fantastic spirit she inherited from her dad.  Belle &
Sebastian have the same kind of passion in the work.

"I listen to their records all the time and they would be perfect for
each other.

"A version of Wild Thing would be mind-blowing and I'd help her all I
could.

"It would sum up Angelina perfectly and Belle & Sebastian would be
the band to carry it off."

He added: "I'm back in Scotland this month for a few gigs and I'll be
seeing about trying to make it work".

Side panel:

The band hates publicity and their folksy, whimsical
albums are recorded in a church hall where frontman Stuart Murdoch,
right (* picture of Belfast Bob) works as a janitor.

They ignore fashion trends and image, opting instead for their Jesus
sandals, librarian v-necks and untended hair-dos.

- Honey