Sinister: Primrose August 2001

Priscila Moura thepris at xxx.com
Fri Aug 3 16:29:23 BST 2001

Hello my darlings,

I know that this is a tad late and that Primrose Hill a week ago is so
passe', but one has not yet had the opportunity to voice one's thoughts
before given that one leads a high flying sort of lifestyle and had to jet
off to Japan the day after the picnic. And we all know that there are no
computers in Japan (ie., they cost about 1000 yen a minute to use).
Furthermore, I don't want to join in the EastxWest debate given that I am
one of the smug marrieds who has already seen B&S twice recently and will
most probably see them twice in Brazil again.

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It was cool. No it
wasn't, it was baking hot. But it was grate. Everyone was a lot younger than
I expected and I was starting to feel old until a guy who reminded me of my
dad arrived. My own personal highlights were pretend-playing the 4 string
guitar, playing volleyball with the TOTP ball and the jam session with Sir
Kenneth of Chu, Sinister Sex Symbol Extraordinaire, and the Born Again
Christians (sounds like a name for a band). Ken and I got lost after that.
Wow, what an honour. Everything that has ever been written about him is spot
on. The man is truly a Sex God!

The Ribena and sun combination was lethal. I was close to feeling seriously
shit, but managed to narrowly avoid ruining it all. And I really thought at
the time that no-one had noticed! Elena was a brilliant picnic mummy. Asm
Walton was a lot younger than expected but a cool person and fabulous
musician all the same. Sarah and Alex from Brixton were volleyball stars,
Alex even managing to play while holding a drink in one hand. And everyone
stared at you, Chris, not because you were late but because you brought Mc
f***ing Donald's to the picnic!

So a luvvly time was had by all. I loved it! Again, again! I want to play
TOTPball again! I want to get pissed from a glass bottle of Ribena! I want
to sing B&S tunes at the top of my voice with a load of people! I want to
feed the world strawbs and cream! I want to see all those wonderful
sinistrines again! I want to rub shoulders with Ken Chu! (only shoulders,
though).I want, I want, I want!

I'd like to suggest a picnic in August and another one in September before
winter creeps up on us again. Or else we'll have to wait until summer 2002.
Please, mummy, please! Then I won't envy the people picnicking in Golden
Gate Park (which is truly a beautiful park and close to Amoeba records,
where I chanced upon 3...6...9).

So how about it? Please let me know.

Lurve,

Pris.

"Dream your dreams with eyes wide open and make them come true"
                                                        T.E. Lawrence
(Oh! The joy of twee!)