Sinister: Read this shit......

Andrew CHurchman andrew_ch_99 at xxx.com
Sat Aug 4 19:18:06 BST 2001

Someone posted this on the indiepop list.  It's from
nme.com ..........

LAZY LINE PAINTER JOLIE?

ANGELINA JOLIE is reported to be in line to join Scots
indie
popsters BELLE AND SEBASTIAN, according to press
reports
today.

The Hollywood sex siren and blockbusting 'Tomb Raider'
star is
the niece of 'Wild Thing' composer Chip Taylor, and
the veteran
rocker told the Scottish Sun that she would be
"perfect" for a
collaboration with Belle And Sebastian.

Chip, whose brother, actor Jon Voight, is Jolie's dad,
said he will
be playing match-maker when he is back in Scotland
this month
for a few gigs.

"[Angelina] is a very creative girl and I know she'd
be a great
success as a singer. She has a fantastic spirit she
inherited
from her dad. Belle And Sebastian have the same kind
of
passion in their work. I listen to their records all
the time and they
would be perfect for each other."

According to the newspaper, Jolie is "desperate" to
team up with
the band, who recently played a sold-out UK tour
included a
dated at London Royal Albert Hall.

Taylor, who also wrote the song 'Angel Of The Morning'
which
was reworked by Shaggy for his chart-topper 'Angel',
added: "A
version of 'Wild Thing' would be mind-blowing and I'd
help her all
I could. It would sum up Angelina perfectly and Belle
And
Sebastian would be the band to carry it off. I'm back
in Scotland
this month for a few gigs and I'll be seeing about
trying to make it
work".

Purely coincidentally, Taylor released an album in
1979 called
'Saint Sebastian'. Jolie's husband Billy Bob Thornton
wrote three
songs for her, 'Angelina', 'Your Blue Shadow' and
'Magic Of Love',
although the latter was left off of his album,
'Private Radio', which
is released in September.

Belle And Sebastian, who play a headline set at the
Benicassim
Festival in southern Spain this weekend, were
unavailable to
comment.