Sinister: sympathy for the drivel.

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Sun Aug 5 15:08:21 BST 2001

ouch,

recently I have become a sympathy-monger.  dealing it
out.  receiving it.  mostly receiving it.  with my own
style of horrendous whining about things that have
happened to me.  lately.

I won't bore you with ALL the details.  I'll bore you
with a synopsis.

I got ill a day before my parents left for a two week
holiday far away.  my brother had moved out of the
family home the week before and I was all alone to
mope about and cope with my first genuine illness
[save colds and flus] in years.  a week after my
parents had gone I went to the doctor and he told me
it was tonsillitis.  which doesn't really sound that
bad.  but it hurt.  I promise.  the same day as
finding out that I had tonsillitis and getting
prescribed some anti-biotics, I went to the dentist.
although I almost didn't.  I got out towards where my
dentist practices and I went into some kind of
auto-pilot mode and turned to head for glasgow.  only
when driving up the slip-road onto the motorway did I
realise where I was...where I should be.  I drove for
miles to be able to exit and turn around and get back
on then exit and be where I had been fifteen minutes
earlier.  so I exit and turn around and get back on
and almost end up where I had been fifteen minutes
earlier.  but, instead, I drive into the back of
another car at a junction.  now.  I wasn't not looking
and, like, assuming that he had driven off.  it was,
like, I wasn't looking and he, that guy, he must have
gone...because he had so much time to be able to go.
okay.  so it was like I wasn't looking and assumed
he'd driven off.  it was like it.  I've never been in
a proper accident before.  except when I went around a
corner once and ended up with the vauxhall nova I was
driving on its side.  but that doesn't count.  the man
I hit was english and very friendly and understanding.
 he took all my details and gave me all his and patted
me on the back.  [I looked ill and shocked, he was
being sympathetic].  I went to the dentist.  he looked
at my teeth for thirty, or so, seconds and said
'perfect teeth'.  I wish I hadn't gone to the dentist.

a synopsis has to be brief?

but I've had joy too.  the night of the day of the
doctor/crash/dentist, I went to see a band in glasgow
called stabiliser.  that was real fun.  and there was
nice company and we had some nice jokes made.

and I stayed at my brother's flat.  we get on much
better now that we hardly see each other.

then, the next morning, I got to show a lovely greek
lady around glasgow.  I'm not sure how much of a good
job I did.  but it was fun.  dimitra [the lovely greek
lady] could barely understand a word I said at first,
but soon we were communicating quite well.  unless all
that nodding was just out of politeness.  I showed her
some nice places that I could think of.  I'm sure
there are a lot of nice places I couldn't think of.
but we ended up, later on, in bacchus drinking orange
juice and drawing maps on the backs of flyers with
coloured pens while being serenaded [until the
interruption by the final night of 'big brother'] by a
selection of music from the king of partick's
collection.  that was fun.  I enjoyed it.  I took my
anti-biotics.

then, the next morning, I got to go to north berwick
via edinburgh for a picnic.  again there was nice
company and some nice jokes made.  I had a nice bottle
of wine.  I postponed my anti-biotic intake
especially.  I had shorts for the beach but never felt
inclined to exchange my trousers for them.  I was
aurally assaulted in 'the golfer's rest'.  but I won't
mention that again.  in this post.  we went back to
edinburgh and walked around and were told where people
used to work.  for most of the time.  gordon found a
tramp to chat with on the high street.  and sweetie
finally got her obligatory snog of the evening.
andrew got a snog too.  I got on a train and went
home.  oh.  with two lovely cassettes that had been
made gifts of to me.  thanks.  and william and gordon
displayed some fun photos of the day on the internet.
which is fun.

I had a story about a bathroom, a fly, a copy of 'moby
dick' and a spider in the bath.  but that's about the
extent of the story.  so.

when I originally considered posting again I wanted it
to be called 'the dean and I' and for it to be all
about extolling the many, wonderful virtues of that
rumpled romeo dean friedman.  but I thought it might
put people off reading anything else I ever wrote in
the future.  although, I had some funny things to say
about the dean.  and I.

[late]

on saturday the fourteenth of july, breanne l. day at
seductive_b at yahoo.ca said:

'red bull and vodka'.

I would tend to agree.

still no posts about benicassim?  I heard they played
two new songs.  and that they were nice.

I could go on...

but I won't.  okay?

I just wanted to add some variety.  some contrast to
the fleeting reply-to-a-reply[-to-a-reply] posts.  or
the ones that mention some gigs.  I don't know about
how to choose where to play gigs.  as I gave up
playing the violin a long time ago; I doubt I'll ever
have to face such a dilemma.

time to get comfortable.

thanks for all the sympathy, sure.  now I aim to get
some pity.

I have a lot of drawings I have to do...ugh.

yes,
richard.