Sinister: i'm happy and i'm singing and a 1, 2, 3, 4

Johan Nilsson i_love_moon at xxx.com
Mon Aug 6 01:14:20 BST 2001

Astrid started it so I am just following up...

Buddy Cole, barlfly, philosopher, and softball coach. Did you know that
there is a book by Scott Thompson (and Paul Bellini) entitled "Buddy Babylon
: The Autobiography of Buddy Cole", it's the cat's pyjamas.
Favorite Buddy Cole scenario. Buddy Cole is sent to a desert island and whom
did he take with him? Oscar Wilde...

Buddy: Oscar, say something funny.
Oscar: Shall I?
Buddy: Yes do your stuff, do the "wilde" thing.
Oscar: Well, Buddy, I recall as I laid dying in my death bed I came out of
my stupor momentarily and declared with perfect aplomb either that wallpaper
goes or I do.
Buddy: Oh that was rich Oscar. Oh, geeze, let me catch my breath for a
second. Oh, oh I am so glad that I brought you and not someone common.
Oscar: Message received Buddy. You know Buddy the trouble with the common
man...
Buddy: Yes?
Oscar: Is that he is so unbearably common!
Buddy: Oh Oscar, funny but you're such a snob.
Oscar: Oh that's my charm.
Buddy: Oh, oh, it's really too bad that you're dead.
Oscar: Oh I know.
Buddy: Does it bother you?
Oscar: Well you know Buddy I'd rather be in Philadelphia.
Buddy: Um, that's funny but W.C. Fields said it.
Oscar: Well yes, if you had been listening to me correctly Buddy what you
would have heard me say was, "I may have been born yesterday but I still
went shopping."
Buddy: That was me.
Oscar: Oh yes, well I seem to be getting a bit of laryngitis Buddy, I'm
afraid there'll be no more quipping today.

Side note:
W.C Fields (died in 1946), once said; "I don't drink water, fish fuck in
it".

Oscar Wilde (died in 1900), once said; "Bigamy is having one wife too many.
Monogamy is the same".

“If, with the literate, I am Impelled to make an epigram, I never seek to
take the credit; We all assume that Oscar said it.” -Dorothy Parker (died in
1967)

oh the last one came out of no where... but I still think Llew and Dorthy
are wrong, boys do make passes on girls with glasses.

Malmcolm X (died in 1965) and Yoko Ono (I never really liked her but I liked
her hubby, who died in 1980) are sitting in a bistro in Rome...
Yoko: Oh the food's terrible. But the waiter's hilarious.

I spent the Saturday drinking Chilian wine with a nice girl in the rain
during a walk around an old mine that they filled with water and kids swim
in these days. They say it's bottomless but I asked a diver who was diving
around and he said it was just 13-14 meters deep. It's always easier to make
a pass on a girl if it is raining and you have just shared a bottle of
Chilian wine. Peak of my weekend, friday i was just sitting around in a bar
with friends jokes...

I was waking in the park the other day and I saw this girl with a dog. So I
went up to her and pat the dog and asked, what kind of dog is this. The girl
said, it's a police dog. I couldn't tell I said, she said, that's because it
belongs to the secret police.

The new Wilco album "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" stellar.

I read a review of Storytelling in Dazed and Confused, you know the movie
Belle and Sebastian and Nathan Larson (ex. Shudder to Think, now married
with Nina in the Cardigans and part member of A Camp and also makes solo
music I guess) is making the soundtrack for. It says it's not as good as
Happiness, but still said it was one of the best movies of Cannes 2001, so
that's not really a bad review, excited to see it.

Did I tell you that the new Wilco album stellar? Probably, I'm running out
of tricks, time to go to bed.

Johan