Sinister: I miss the rising action...but it rocks

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Mon Aug 6 05:12:18 BST 2001

Oh Ken, how could you be so out of it? Belle and Sebastian going to Brazil
for the soccer? Fiddlesticks! It's obviously for the bikinis as their new
single is going to be called 'Fio Dental'.

Honey's news breaking bulletin about possible singer Angelina Jolie with B&S
made me explode (but in a fun way). I keep telling people but no one
believes me. My mother seems anxious about the well-being of the band. "Oh
no, she'll be bringing that husband of hers! The knives and things..." she
said worriedly, furrowing her brow. I don't know why they have to do Wild
Thing though. Nonetheless, let's all go see Original Sin to celebrate.

Jay was writing about how he thought You're Just A Baby was much seedier,
well it probably is, but you know how everyone adapts songs to their own
purposes. I'm like that with other things, I'll twist stupid little things
into meaning much more. Oh dear, I'm have a moment, but I do have a special
affection for that song, because in grade 10 I did a claymation to it, and
the two characters in it (Belle and Sebastian) were really stand ins for me
and this record store boy. I just loved the line 'there must be a reason for
all the looks we gave/and all the things we never said before' it just seems
very innocent to me, like OH stupid boy why do we play these games, I know
it's just a ruse when you call my house to tell me a record is in, secretly
it's for me and me and me! Actually then, this changes the tragic love
triangle. Struan would be the friend of the girl, the boy who plays guitar,
and he has a secret love for her, but she just sees him as a friend, not
knowing he loves her! Or maybe she's a chambermaid and he's a vicar. All the
while she is complaining about the jerk she has to marry. But if he's a
jerk, why is she marrying him? Oh, some girls are like that. But Shush! It's
not important so let's cut to the dewy fields and moonlit forest scene.

Where is the Saccharine's Head? I have to catch The Peacock when I'm in
Glasgow, if only for a moment. I figure this would be his place?

The Crystal Methods new album is called Tweekend, which makes it seem all
lilacs and kittens. Alright, Fairs Do!

Love,
Genevieve

p.s.