Sinister: Welcome home Jen with bottom wiping and teabags

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 6 18:59:18 BST 2001

Well well well,
On the third week of my crummy dull job. I work in a box factory and
we make boxes. Big boxes, little boxes, long boxes, brown boxes, white
boxes... fox in socks in cardboard boxes...
You know that it's getting dire when the perk of your job is when a
lorry load of bubble wrap comes and you get to throw around huge rolls
of it. If anyone is interested in some pink anti-static bubble wrap
then...bugger off. I'm sick of the stuff.

Anyway, on a positive note, I have only Legal Man to purr-chase and
then I have all buyable B&S. But unfortunately, still down on V-Twin,
Reindeer Section, Delgados, White Stripes, Camera Obscura, Aislers Set
and tragically, The Smiths!

Wow, le Pastie... is the daddy. I could (and do) listen to it again
and again and again.
Went to a wedding the other day. Four Star Hotel. Oh my! Do you know
the feeling you get when you ring up room service at one in the
morning to order some darjeeling teabags and fresh milk? Wow! Also,
had a pretty scots-lass dollop sauce (sorry, "sass") onto my plate for
me. They would probably have wiped my little behind for me had I
asked. I tell you, I could get used to that kind of attention.
Next cool thing about the wedding... went for a cruise on a nice lake,
the boat had a bar and then...
(Tom orders coffee)
"How much will that be?"
"Oh, it's on the wedding tab."
"So, it's paid for me?"
"Yeah."
"Well, I'll have...!"

It's not often someone else picks up your tab, but when they do you
make the most of it.

If she's on sinister, hello to the girl I saw in Record Collector and
said "thats a darn good album" to when I saw her holding BWTAS. She
brushed me off, possibly because she thought I was bizarre but I later
realised I was not wearing cords, so there is no reason for her to
have recognised me.

My inbox is chocker and so is yours, so go and read another post.

Crdryby Tom
P.S. Glad to hear from Jen again, glad you enjoyed yourself Jen. Now
you're back you will be sitting around and you will spy a ribena berry
crying in an envelope...