Sinister: cover band plans

kirk the jerk kheydt at xxx.com
Mon Aug 6 23:54:15 BST 2001

This may turn out to be a terrible mess but the plan for the Belle &
Sebastian Sinister East Coast Cover Band is this: I will create and keep
a database of Sinister musicians that can, on occasion make themselves
available for parties and the like, in the guise of our favorite yet
shunning scots.

What I need: More musicians. We need all kinds of people for this
project from all over (I'm only limiting it right now to the east coast
of America because that's where I am and driving for more than a day
gets in the way of work). Everyone is welcome to join, even if you only
want to sing for one song or you haven't played your recorder since
grade school. This will only work if lots of people from lots of places
can do this.

How it will work: An event/party is planned by a member of sinister
where they would like us to perform in place of the real thing. It is
very important that anyone planning an event/party notify the database
at least 3 weeks in advance so it's members can plan for the time off.
Once a plan is received by the database all members of the band will be
contacted with the details of the event. Those members that are able to
perform on the date and at the location will then notify the database
and I will confirm the band for the event.

Each member of the database will be responsible for learning and
practicing the songs. It can be as many or as few songs as they are
comfortable or interested in learning. The database will keep track of
the songs known to each of its members. Before an event a setlist will
be decided on and if possible the members will meet up before (the
morning of or the day before) the event for a set list run through. The
show is apt to be sloppy but it's all in fun.

Anyone with interest or big backyards e-mail me with your information.
With luck we'll be singing and strumming and passed out 4 hours before
the real band is in September.

-kirk

PS. I would love to play Iceland